on 19 March 2012
I wish I had listened to the reviews but I was so desperate to buy a vest that I did buy this one. I think all the lights worked the first time I wore it, after that I had to wiggle it around to try and make sure they all worked. Now only half of them work and I have only had it less than 3 months. I wouldn't waste your money on this, buy a more sturdy bit of kit.
on 13 February 2012
I bought this item to wear whilst riding my scooter. The lights have failed to work, The wiring inside the plastic part make it stiff and quite frankly I am disappointed with it. The quality is mediocre and I personally would not recommend it.
on 26 January 2013
I was so pleased with the bright lights on this jacket. However, after 1 use (20 minutes walking my daughter to school), the lights no longer work. I have changed the batteries for new ones, just to make sure it wasn't a battery problem. But they still don't work. To be honest, I simply haven't the time to make the 11-mile-round trip to the post office to post it back and get a refund. So, I'm wearing it anyway, without the lights. I was disappointed though.
on 23 October 2011
An essential for any outdooor activities during the hours of darkness. Particularly valid now that mornings and evenings are dark. Good value and innovative.
on 25 January 2013
I only bought for a fancy dress so the other reviews didn't really bother me. However, I received the product and put batteries in, I turned it on and it worked ok so I turned it off. When I came to wear it that weekend at a fancy dress, 4 lights were not working....I had literally had them turned on for about 10 seconds the first time an not even moved around in it. It really is a rubbish product - I'm glad my expectations were low initially because I'd have been disappointed otherwise. It was uber cheap though and the only one on Amazon so I was happy to get it.
on 19 January 2012
Sakura Hi Visibility LED Vest

Great idea - I already have a similar item that used to be distributed by equestrian retailers but is no longer available. I wanted another for cycling but, unfortunately, this item is of far inferior quality. Only half the LEDs worked on the first one I received and the on/off switch on the replacement wouldn't turn off. I was willing to go for third time lucky but Amazon insisted on a refund. If the quality could be improved these should be compulsory winter wear for all cyclists and horse riders!
on 10 December 2012
It has already failed after being worn for 4 times on cycle rides. Only 40% of the LED's now operate.
on 23 September 2013
great for riding horses, light weight, can be seen from really far away by cars. Highly recommend for riding bikes, horses, walking dogs, children. so light you dotn know your wearing it.
on 18 April 2013
The product is of very low quality ,one of the LEDs did not work and when trying to fix the dodgy connection in the battery box the very weak cable came out of the" one use" only connection .
on 27 January 2012
The vest works well and according to my fellow commuter it is visible from hundreds of metres away. I would prefer the flash rate to be quicker but this not a real problem.
The on/off switch is attached to the battery case which is inside a pocket with a velcro flap. At first I removed the battery case from the pocket to swith the LED's on but have now found that it can be done through the pocket material.