on 15 October 2014
By no stretch of even a quite vivid imagination can this be described as heavy duty. The plastic head is OK but only for light to medium use, the wooden handle is not very strong at all & in fact snapped on first use - despite me being careful ! I had a much heavier duty broom handle which I filed the end of in order to get it to fit into the slot on the plastic shovel head and it is now back in use!

As I say its OK for light use - but please do not think this is "heavy duty" Clearly this is a subjective description, but with 20 horses to muck out each day I know 'heavy duty' when I see it, and this isn't it !
on 7 April 2014
I specifically ordered this wooden handled shovel for mucking our stables as had just broken the one I had had for 18 months. I was sent a totally different shovel plastic handled with a scoop end which wasn't what I wanted at all. I cannot complain at the response to my messages anne having only cost just over £6 its in nobodies interest to return it as cost too much. Apparently Amazon do the listings and the sellers should check them but in this case this hasn't happened hence wrong shovel sent. Currently discussing a solution with seller. Just be aware that whats up for sale won't necessarily be what you get.
on 17 December 2013
Bought this in readiness for that long cold snow filled winter predicted in November. However as not a flake has fallen and we are just sinking in mud it has not been used. It seems hardy enough but only time and snow will tell. It is blue not red as advertised!
on 14 April 2014
I ordered 6 HEAVY DUTY SNOW SHOVELS, when I received them they were black, flimsy with rough warped handles. They also had a plastic handle at the end of the stale which I didn't want !!!
on 13 February 2014
I would not be surprised to see the wooden handle alone at the price of this shovel. Simple and straightforward design. Only mine was not red but dark blue or something. I don`t mind.
on 11 January 2014
item arrived really quickly really well packed item is as described and really good quality just have to wait for the snow so i can use it would recommend this product
on 6 December 2013
great quality, and very fast P & P, I hope I don't have to use it yet!!!! but I'm sure when the time comes it will be a great asset, many thanks
on 21 December 2013
Prompt delivery but will have to wait until it snows until I know how good the performance is, so I hope I have to wait a long time !
on 9 January 2014
Not yet used, so cannot give accurate feedback Seems ok for the task though

Would recommend if you have large drive
on 8 August 2014
love this spade as the year i bought it.... NO SNOW. must be magic or something cos that is over and above its functionality