on 13 April 2011
This is a great product from Buffalo, so much so I decided to write my first review of a piece of hardware. In the past I've spent money on cheaper external hard drives and have been dissapointed with everyone due to problems with the connection and quality of the design/build. This hard drive is simple to use and very sleek. It doesn't force you to use some BS software already on the hard drive, it's simple drag and drop. You won't find a better hard drive, this is a 10 out of 10 (and I'm usually very picky about hardware!)

Most definitely recommended!
22 Comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2011
Brilliant! I ran out of storage on my old 60gb external drive. This plugged straight into my pc laptop USB and worked right away. A nice little blue light comes on to tell you it's happy! I also plugged it into my Apple Mac and again I could read and write data to it immediately as it comes already formatted in FAT32 format. Well worth the money if storage is all you're after.
on 6 June 2011
Small, sleek, big capacity and value for money. Does what it says on the box, simple to set up. Actually looks good too. This is the second Buffalo product I have, the other one still works flawlessly after 5 yesr.
on 18 August 2011
I wanted something to store my iTunes folder and a few other things on but didn't want to fork out for 1TB or loads of xtra memory. I know I will never need it so why pay the extra for it?

The price is acceptable and reasonable for what you want it to do. Its worth paying for something easy to use and reliable.

The USB cable although quite short was enough to to let me put the drive on top of my computer base.

The drive is quiet small but feels sturdy and looks good. It has a blue light on one edge which does look quiet good but how long can one possibly stare at this? : )

I decided to avoid using any software loaded on the drive and deleted it anyway when I formatted the drive to NTFS. I probably didn't need to format it to NTFS but did anyway.

After this it was just a case of dragging and dropping files - as easy peasy as it should be.
on 12 August 2011
320GB compares favourably with the sort of disk space you get on most basic laptops these days (i.e. anywhere between 320GB and 500GB). Don't forget (as I occasionally do) that we're talking GIGAbytes, not Megabytes! To give you an idea what that really means, I have about seven years of family digital photographs on my laptop and they take up around 5GB of disk space. Similarly, my 300 CD album collection takes up about 15GB. You can see, then, that a 320GB external hard drive should free up a little space on your home computer.

The device itself is surprsingly small 7cm by 11cm by 1cm,: not much larger than a smartphone. It's shiny black with a pretty blue LED and it comes with its own USB cable.

It is plug and play, so I literally took it out the box, stripped off the cellophane sheath and plugged it into my laptop. It takes its power from the computer so there is only the one cable to worry about. It took a few seconds to register itself with the laptop, and I was away.

I transferred about 15GB of data straight onto the drive in under half an hour.

I can't speak to reliability, but the other reviews here give me a warm feeling about this device. They also suggest that this particular product is excellent value for money and I can see no reason to contradict that evaluation.

I have no idea why I haven't taken advantage of this wonderful little device before now. It's ideal for backing up your laptop, archiving old files or it makes a nice secure, hideable/lockawayable storage medium for stuff you don't want to leave on your PC.
review image review image
on 29 October 2011
Bought this Hard Drive for use at home by myself and parents. It works a dream, plugged straight into my computer and ran without faf on both my laptop and desktop computers.

It looks quite neat and snazzy also thanks to the blue lighting, and stylish black mirror finish.
on 17 August 2011
My laptop suffered 2 serious incidents within a week. Luckily for me, the data was backed up as part of the recovery from the first incident but the second one was not recoverable from and I lost a week's data.

Decided to buy a small USB harddrive to back up my data on a weekly basis. I did think about buying 2 and rotating them so that I had an extra/recent copy should one of the drives fail but have decided to risk it.

Just opened the packaging and followed the quick setup guide (I'm not one to spend much time following instructions). Decided to leave it as FAT32 format instead of NTFS as I believe that FAT32 is used by more devices. My data backed up in about 40 mins - about 7.5GB of data.

It's a dinky shiny little object - very pleasing
on 6 October 2011
very pleased with this product, basically it does what it says inthe description. it looks good, takes up little space and it is very easy to use. already loaded all photos and in the process of transferring music collection. 320 gb capacity is more than sufficient for my needs.
on 18 October 2011
Great product. Looks good, nice and compact. Plug it in and away you go. Or, you could hang around and start transferring stuff onto it. Whatever you prefer.

(I have a Mac, OS X 10.4)
on 13 October 2011
Very happy with this purchase.
Does exactly what I thought it would. Not sure how it compares to it's rivals on the market but it's a USB hard drive that plugs straight into your computer or PS3 and allows easy transfer of data.