on 29 November 2012
Best speaker dock on the market in my opinion, amazing sound with room filling bass. Easy setup using AirPlay setup app from B&W.
on 6 July 2013
Pros: Zeppelin is really handy with it's airplay. It works great and stable for me from any device.

Cons: sound is not great at all. Zeppelin produces big fat bass even at low volume and that is all about it. No details in the middle, no trebles. I think it may work fine for house music but everything with instruments and vocal involved sounds really dull and poor. It actually sounds like if bass was fighting the rest of the spectrum (despite even being set to -1).
on 22 January 2012
Let me save you a couple of days - you CANNOT have any "special characters" such as an ampersand (&) in your wifi network name, or password. Since this is very common among anyone who is used to using secure passwords (including me) you may well have to reconfigure every device on your network in order to get airplay to work on the Zeppelin. Even the cheap, cruddy devices I have on my network can handle an ampersand, so to say that I am disappointed that a £600 device can't is an understatement. It very nearly went back. You have been warned.
66 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
The sound quality is flawless, a design classic. this is the must have docking station for ipod, Airplay lets you play your music from any itunes installed library through your home network wirelessly. five star plus!
on 11 October 2014
First one didn't work. Second one worked after firmware update, new router and loads of hassle. Worked for a while then lost connection to router. Loads of hassle to get it to connect then a few months later the same. This time I cannot get to connect! It is away at B and W but I must admit I am sick of it. I will always wonder if it is going to show up on my Air Play or if it has gone down again. Not good enough for a £500 product.
Additional info.
Sent back to B and W to repair and worked for a while. Has now failed again! I am really displeased with this speaker and would not advise anybody to buy one.
on 11 January 2013
I have had for the last few years the Bose docking station which has been perfect for my little girls bedroom as the sound is crisp but I always found myself having to get up to change tracks when I was rocking her to sleep. The B&W not only looks fantastic but the sound matches the looks, but I have found the best thing about it is the wireless conection, meaning I can sit in my rocking chair with my Iphone in hand, changing the tracks when my 2 year old once a different song ! I can also stream music from my computer downstaires if I hear her stiring or struggling to go off, which means I dont have to go into her room which always wakes her up - I would highly recommend this product to anyone
on 25 January 2013
First off. You have to be patient during set up. This is fairly new technology and its sometimes a wee bit fiddly. My particular problem was that the one I bought had been lying about a warehouse for god knows how long and the firmware had expired. You dont get the USB cable you need to do upgradse the firmware but dont rush off and buy one just yet. If you have a reasonably modern printer, the USB cable going into that will do the job. Took me a while to get it going and get all the various ipads and ipods and Itunes to talk to it (plus one short call to the help-desk re the firmware problem)Had it not been for the fireware problem I would guess you can have this going in 10-15 minutes or less, if you have a reasonable knowledge of what wireless streaming is about. If you are a novice, just find the manual and follow the instructions. You dont need to know why it works, just that it does. My advice would be to read all you can about set up before actually doing it, including getting familiar with the problems others have had. I found the guy on the heldesk to be pretty good if you do need to call them. He knew right away what the problem was, talked me through the fix and hey presto, wall to wall sound 3 minutes later.

Having sad all that,when you get the set up done, honestly, WHAT A PIECE OF KIT THIS IS !!!!!!!!
on 15 December 2011
As a straight iPod dock this unit is superb.
The AirPlay connectivity simply does NOT work.
Bowers & WIlkins support are very helpful BUT they do not have an answer to the problem.
on 23 August 2013
Great product though I found a little expensive compared to some other products and the set up is not so straight forward as I says
on 13 January 2013
I bought the Zeppelin Air just before Xmas 2012. It looks lovely. However, after spending all evening I've not been able to connect it to my network. When I went to the B&W website. as directed in their manual, the link to the Mac App Store didn't work. Going directly to the App Store I downloaded the setup app for my ipad. After trying several times, during which the application just hung up and had to be deleted and reinstalled, I finally ended up with amessage saying I needed to download new firmware - to a completely new and very expensive device. Going to the B&W website I was then able to download the firmware to my Mac laptop but then, to connect my Mac to the Zepellin Air, I needed a USB connector that wasn't supplied. Exploring the B&W website in search of customer support was.... well, there was no phone number in sight. Apparently they don't actually want to support their customers.

I don't think its acceptable to supply an expensive product that just doesn't do what its supposed to do, at least not without a lot of effort. Also, the B&W support seems, frankly, cnon-existent. Don't buy this unless you are very technically competent and have the patience of a saint.