on 21 November 2011
It's always a bit of a leap, even with a sample, to buy a Bible version on Kindle - the samples frequently only give the introductions and translation notes which doesn't give a good idea of how the Bible is to use! However, I am becoming a convert to Bibles in Kindle format, and I am particularly impressed and pleased with this daily Bible.

Most Bibles in a daily format give you a variety of "chunks" to read, arranged in 365 portions. So far, so much the same, and very handy too. However, they are usually difficult to utilise in any other way; for any use beyond daily readings, they become extremely cumbersome.

However, the publishers of this Bible have cleverly used the characteristics of the Kindle (which so often make managing a long book like a Bible more difficult) to make this Bible truly dual purpose.

The books of the bible are all in the usual order, and indexed in a way that makes them easy to access on the Kindle, AND they are split into daily readings which are all neatly index. It's a little hard to explain this without demonstrating, but essentially what it means is that this Bible can be easily and simply used both as a set of daily readings taking one through the whole Bible in a year, AND it can also be easily used as a "normal" Bible in which one can look up a particular verse quickly and easily, read a whole book in one go, and whatever else one might want to do which is usually difficult in a daily reading Bible.

Hmmm, clear as mud, I know, but I suppose the overall point is fairly simple: If you want a NKJV on your Kindle, this is the cheapest one, and it will also provide you with reading plans that don't interfere with your normal Bible reading and usage. Nifty. 5/5 to Thomas Nelson!
22 Comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 January 2014
I've been using this Bible since the beginning of the year and find it really easy to use. The fact that it is laid out like a regular Bible means that it can be used for normal Bible study or by clicking on the links in the text you can follow a read the Bible in one year plan. This makes it a lot more versatile than paper based read the Bible in one year Bibles, where the text is laid out according to the reading plan making them virtually useless for anything other than following the reading plan. Thoroughly recommend this Bible its a reasonable price too.
on 29 May 2011
This was much better than I first thought as not only can you use the study pattern but also read it as a normal bible book by book or choose which verse you want to read. Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2013
This is great, although it went off sync a day ahead with the dates. Would recommend it to any one.
on 8 August 2012
a really good way to study the text everyday and actually read the whole bible without cheating.each section is just long enough so you can discipline yourself not to skip
on 12 August 2013
I love the variable manner in which I can use this book. I like the way it is designed
to allow me to read the complete bible in a year, a set amount each day. I can also access any book or verse I wish by using the quick links on the front cover. The reference section throughout the books are easily accessible and I can link from one book to another. The font is very clear and well set out. I like the style of the layout and the fact I can access it at any time on my Kindle Fire which is so portable and light.
on 24 January 2013
At 80 years old and with Ostio Arthritis I was finding my Bible reading difficult - now on my small Kindle - No trouble.
on 12 March 2014
Has I have the NKJV as a Hardback I thought I would try it on the Kindle and seems ok although it takes me ages to find a scripture.
on 14 August 2013
I am truly delighted to have the NYKJ on my kindle. To refer to and to be at hand in my handbag. This is the truth ,
on 12 December 2012
Very impressed with layout of the book and the content of each of the days. Very easy to read and follow.