Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 1 July 2017
Little gift for my niece
on 24 July 2017
Very good made me want to reads more in every chapter..... The ending could be better though.😒 overall hit was good
on 13 July 2017
a good book would recommend this book to about 8-12 year olds one of my favourite books on my kindle
on 9 September 2017
Grandaughter delighted with this - she loves the Jacqueline Wilson books.
on 13 June 2013
I loved this book because of the turns. One minute the girl has everything, the next, no mum. But they keep going, bliss, baxter, pixie and Lilymum. A must read for 8+.
on 25 March 2014
This book was very good but parts of it let the story down . The ending seemed rushed and it ended in a bad place. Maybe a sequel would love 2 find out what happens next ,10 yr olds up because parts r a bit rude
on 4 March 2011
I purchased this book for my 11 year old daughter who is a an avid reader of Jacqueline Wilson. She said,

'It was really good, Jacqueline put me through such sorrow, such happiness and so many feelings which all came together. I felt that I really knew the main character and I thought I knew what it would be like to be her. The ending was sad but it was a good ending. I do hope there is a sequel! This book would be good for 9+ readers.'
22 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 February 2012
I was a huge Jacqueline Wilson fan when I was younger, I had most of her books and read tehm many times. As I got older I steered away from them, I stopped reading her work, but I did keep watching Tracy Beaker on TV (still do, I'm loving the new series 'Tracy Beaker Returns')
Anyway, when I first heard about this book I thought it was the story of one of the girls from Tracy Beaker Returns (there is a girl called Lily who has got used to raising her two little sisters) I soon found out this book had nothing to do with that character, it was completely different, so I moved away from it, but then I found a book trailer on Youtube for it and it looked really good. I kept thinking about it and wondering. I was then talking to some of the kids in the library and I got strong recommendations for it, so I decided to put a request in.
It arrived today. I got home from work just after 6 and had my dinner, I started the book just before 7 and had finished it by 9.15, so it took me just over two hours.
Jacqueline's writing has an easy flowing style to it that makes it easy to get into and quick to read. The characters became real and I could picture them all. I instantly wanted to slap the mother and tell her to grow up and stop being so selfish, but at the same time I wanted to give Lily a great big hug and tell her it would be ok.
her younger brother Baxter is a real live wire, mischievious and cheeky but a softy deep down, Bliss (his twin) is very timid and very shy, she is scared of a lot of things but has a great imagination and I could really feel the bond between her and Lily. Cute little Pixie is a little monster really, always hungry or wanting something, she depends on her big sister.
You have to admire Lily for everything she does for them, yes she makes some mistakes and some silly choices but you can tell she is trying.
I spent the whole book hoping for a happy ending, I really wanted it to work out for them. I know there are a lot of kids out there that really do have this sort of life and it makes you stop and think.
This book did remind me why Wilson is so popular and why I loved her books. I don't think I will necessarily read all the books by her that I haven't read but I will be more likely to pick another one up.
on 26 October 2011
Lily Alone was an amazing book to read. Even before I opened the first page there were all sorts of questions I wanted to ask.Why was she alone? Was there anyone with her? If not where were her parents? These questions were answered as I began to read on through the book, it was a whirlwind of love, hope, fear and pain. Jacquline Wilson expresses in detail what it is like to be left alone ...
on 11 October 2015
There are a number of things wrong with this particular book.
First of all, the storyline is just a typical jacqueline wilson book! Nearly all her books are about a skinny plain girl who longs to be pretty. In jacky's opinion, in order to be pretty, you need to have blonde curly hair and big blue eyes.
This particular book is extremely sad and will most likely upset a young child, and she describes Bliss broken leg a bit too far, which will most likely frighten a young child. Also, the ending is a bit unrealistic and ends on a bad cliffhanger! How can you get off child neglect and credit card fraud, just because a policeman is a nice man?
Overall, I would not recommend this book to a child.