Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 2 February 2012
I was a huge Jacqueline Wilson fan when I was younger, I had most of her books and read tehm many times. As I got older I steered away from them, I stopped reading her work, but I did keep watching Tracy Beaker on TV (still do, I'm loving the new series 'Tracy Beaker Returns')
Anyway, when I first heard about this book I thought it was the story of one of the girls from Tracy Beaker Returns (there is a girl called Lily who has got used to raising her two little sisters) I soon found out this book had nothing to do with that character, it was completely different, so I moved away from it, but then I found a book trailer on Youtube for it and it looked really good. I kept thinking about it and wondering. I was then talking to some of the kids in the library and I got strong recommendations for it, so I decided to put a request in.
It arrived today. I got home from work just after 6 and had my dinner, I started the book just before 7 and had finished it by 9.15, so it took me just over two hours.
Jacqueline's writing has an easy flowing style to it that makes it easy to get into and quick to read. The characters became real and I could picture them all. I instantly wanted to slap the mother and tell her to grow up and stop being so selfish, but at the same time I wanted to give Lily a great big hug and tell her it would be ok.
her younger brother Baxter is a real live wire, mischievious and cheeky but a softy deep down, Bliss (his twin) is very timid and very shy, she is scared of a lot of things but has a great imagination and I could really feel the bond between her and Lily. Cute little Pixie is a little monster really, always hungry or wanting something, she depends on her big sister.
You have to admire Lily for everything she does for them, yes she makes some mistakes and some silly choices but you can tell she is trying.
I spent the whole book hoping for a happy ending, I really wanted it to work out for them. I know there are a lot of kids out there that really do have this sort of life and it makes you stop and think.
This book did remind me why Wilson is so popular and why I loved her books. I don't think I will necessarily read all the books by her that I haven't read but I will be more likely to pick another one up.
on 4 March 2011
I purchased this book for my 11 year old daughter who is a an avid reader of Jacqueline Wilson. She said,

'It was really good, Jacqueline put me through such sorrow, such happiness and so many feelings which all came together. I felt that I really knew the main character and I thought I knew what it would be like to be her. The ending was sad but it was a good ending. I do hope there is a sequel! This book would be good for 9+ readers.'
on 26 October 2011
Lily Alone was an amazing book to read. Even before I opened the first page there were all sorts of questions I wanted to ask.Why was she alone? Was there anyone with her? If not where were her parents? These questions were answered as I began to read on through the book, it was a whirlwind of love, hope, fear and pain. Jacquline Wilson expresses in detail what it is like to be left alone ...
on 21 March 2011
I bought this for my daughter's birthday because she loves Jacqueline Wilson. She though it was fantastic and read it within a couple of days!! It arrived promptly and in excellent condition which I have come to expect of all Amazon products.
on 10 January 2012
Delighted little grandaughter when I gave her this book at Christmas! She is not a great reader usually and struggles sometimes, but she wanted this book and was really pleased to receive it. And if it encourages her to read more then mission accomplished! Reading is one of the greatest pleasures in life and I know she is enjoying the book already.
on 4 February 2011
(Dad acted as secretary) Lily has to look after her young brother and sisters while her mother is away. They should be in school but they don't go! Stuck at home with them, she tries to keep them busy and happy, taking them out to the park when they need a break in the fresh air. Lily's teacher becomes suspicious. To escape snooping social workers, Lily takes her young siblings on a camping trip and they get into all kinds of mischief....
on 3 October 2015
My granddaughter loved this book and kept on about it so I downloaded a free sample so I could talk to her about it. It was so engrossing I bought it because I had to know what happened to eleven year old Lily.She is the eldest of four children and their mother is young and has no family for support. She has the opportunity to go on holiday with her new boyfriend who doesn't know the children exist. She thinks the younger children's father will look after them and leaves but he doesn't and Lily tries to care for them but she is only a child herself. Very good story, believable and heart warming as well as heart wrenching. As a 62 year old I can understand why my 10 year old granddaughter loves this book and this author, I'm glad I read it.
on 30 January 2015
I loved the plot! Lilly and her sisters Bliss and Pixie, and her brother Baxter leave there flat to go on a camping trip (by themselves!) whilst their mum is away in Spain. The only bad thing is that it doesn't end when their all together... it end with 'and we are all going to be together very very soon.' or something like that. But over all, it was one of the best books I have ever looked at and I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to have an adventure.😜
on 28 December 2013
This is a fantastic book! I have always wanted a kindle to jacqueline Wilson books and at my senior school I had been asking and asking at my schools library and everyone knows at my school I am the biggest fan ever! Of jacqueline Wilson ever!!!!!!! And I absolutely adore this book so much I just cc would not stop reading it I have read a lot of jacqueline Wilson books over this year and I'm going to read bad girls by jacqueline Wilson next SO please by this book and you won't be disappointed poor lily gets left with her younger sisters pixie who's 3 and bliss who is 5 and her twin is called Baxter who claims him self as a `bad boy` and it goes horribly wrong! Read to find out what happened next
on 31 October 2013
I really enjoyed this book because It was easy to get into and made you want to keep reading the whole way through . Jacqueline Wilson writes her books in a way that makes the reader understand how the characters are feeling , making the story believable and more interesting.The only part of the book which I did not enjoy as much was the ending as it did not really sum up the story but left it on a cliff hanger instead.Overall I think the book was definitely worth buying.