Customer reviews

PAUL OST
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 December 2011
This is your usual film sountrack, hardly any actual songs and lots of random short tracks with bits of music you don't actually remember from the film...luckily for me I like that kind of thing. But if you don't, I wouldn't buy it.

The really annoying thing for me is that it is missing the song Don't Bring Me Down by ELO. Possibly the best song in the film, and it plays over a major part of the film so I have no idea why they wouldn't put it on, especially as it does include All Over the World also by ELO that appears at the end of the film...
on 20 May 2011
This soundtrack includes the original score music as well as other songs that are related to the film in some way. Not all of them feature in the movie but it does have the ones that do. It tends to play in order that the music happens in the movie and every other track is a piece of music such as the one where they travelled in the RV.
I recommend it if you enjoyed the music from the movie. The other songs are pretty catchy too.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 December 2017
Great collection of tracks from a film I really enjoyed. Especially like the Road Trip music by David Arnold.
on 7 December 2012
Just the country version of Cavantina band made it worth it for me, but a very nice and good album. ( Had a little technical problem with it, but it is maybe just my cd player who is old)
on 26 October 2015
One of my favorite soundtracks this.
on 28 December 2015
perfecto gracias
on 5 April 2017
Super cd with all the tracks from the film
on 30 November 2013
I must watch this film every night when I'm working away, delivered on time and I love it to bits, so funny!
on 4 October 2011
The film "Paul" is the greatest movie, nay, the greatest form of expression ever created by mere mortals. Needless to say, such a film requires a soundtrack of equal caliber. I know with full confidence that this soundtrack is that and more.

This disc, this formed piece of plastic encoded with data, contains music which can only begin to be described by a chorus of all the world's creatures orgasming in unison. When I am not actively listening to this soundtrack, I am simply in a coma brought on by the sheer ecstasy of having even the mere memory of being in the presence of such a disc, let alone the air which has been the sound from that disc's carrier. There are songs, there is music, there is art, and then... there is the "Paul" soundtrack.

As Amazon only allows up to a 5 star rating, I shall give it that; however, let it be known that not even all the stars in the great expanse of the universe and others can come close to even remotely enumerating and representing my gratitude for such art, and my joy for being endowed with ears with which I can begin to partially appreciate and absorb this Magnum Opus of humanity. I am humble for being alive in the generation of this work, and this humility will be carried for eons, to the end of time and beyond.
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 1 March 2011
If there is anything guaranteed to have me walking past the cinema with my eyes closed and my fingers in my ears going la-la-la-la-la very loudly, it's the words Nick, Forst, Simon and Pegg up on a film poster. But just because someone is a talentless no-mark doesn't necessarily stop the producer of a film from lucking out with a soundtrack. And so it proves with PAUL.

I'll tell you this, so you don't accidentally stray into the pictures. Best friends and uber-geeks Graeme Willy (cue chortles) Clive Gollings have been saving up for years to take a sci-fi fan's trip of a lifetime to America's UFO heartland to track the legendary hot spots of extraterrestrial activity. But when they end up having a close encounter (see what I did there) with an actual alien named Paul, things take a turn for the unexpected, and hilarity ensues. Yeah, right.

Musically, this is accompanied by a batch of seventies (and earlier) tunes, some of which are even alien related. See, they have put some thought into this. So you get `Another Girl Another Planet' by the The Only Ones), 'Planet Care' by the B52s, 'All Over The World' by ELO and, of course, the legendary 'Flying Saucers Rock 'n' Roll' by Billy Lee Riley & His Little Green Men. People as geeky as the stars will be doubtless love Cantina Band's `Syd Masters & The Swing Riders', which is a rockabilly version of the music playing in the bar on Tatooine in the original Star Wars film.

However, it's when they move away from the theme that the stone cold classics arrive. So that would be `Just The Two Of Us' by Bill Withers & Grover Washington Jr., `Hello It's Me' by Todd Rundgren, and the thing that made me take this to my heart. `Dancing In The Moonlight' by King Harvest. I'd forgotten how awesomely awesome their (nearly) original version was. If you hated the Toploader cover as much as me, listen to how it should be done on this 1973 US hit. It's so sweet it hurts.

It's all interspersed with original music, courtesy of David Arnold, still best known for his latter day James Bond work. It's not his best, but it does serve it's purpose in linking the soundtrack together.
|33 Comments|Report abuse