1,555
Model Number: Kodak 30B/30CL|Change

on 22 August 2013
I am a very infrequent user of a Kodak ESP1.2 all in one printer who has what appears constantly to have to replenish ink cartridges, whether they be monochrome, as this 'XL' product, or colour.

It is obvious that use of ink is related to pages printed in black and white or colour/cleaning the print heads, but I don't recall reading that it was recommended to leave the printer turned on all the time, as switching off and on used up a lot of ink--a recommendation given to me by Kodak over the phone when I challenged them about the longevity of their consumable products.

This advice should also be made more prominent to customers, also to print where possible in black and white and in 'draft' quality.

I am aware of printer manufacturers being very much reliant on selling consumables such as ink, but they also have a duty of care towards their customers, which seems not to be very evident.
on 18 October 2016
I've used Kodak printers for years, but even though the ink cheap relatively to other brands, their ink just sucks. If you don't print every single day, the ink levels seem to drop considerably and it certainly feels like you're not getting full value for money you're paying.
on 1 July 2012
I,ve just found out why the inks are so cheap,...there is next to sod all in them! I,ve printed off 12 A4s, 9 in plain text and 2 in full colour and the black has given out and the colour is on warning! The best thing is ,..I bought 2 packs of each, what a mug!
on 19 October 2012
I am not sure I understand the comments about use of ink, it would have been very useful if the previous authors had identified the printers they were using. I bought a Kodak ESP 3.2s recently to replace a HP multi function printer/copier/fax. The HP just stopped working, it was expensive to run even buying non HP cartridges, which did not always work, for non critical printing. I have had the Kodak printer for a couple of months, I do a lot of printing and so far I am very pleased with both the quality of print, the versatility of the printer and the longevity of the cartridge. It may be very different with other models of printer, but I consider this to be good value. Hint, extend the life of the cartridge by using "draft" setting in printer preferences for non critical printing.
on 31 October 2013
Many people on here are leaving reviews because the Ink doesn't last very long.This makes it look bad on the sellers but in my opinion, its not the best but I still get what I ordered.

I can't complain about the price because that is why I spent more money on a Kodak printer to save money on ink costs because I do a lot of printing.

I would recommend Kodak printers and ink to anyone because there cheap to run. Especially good for people if you don't do much printing.
on 6 May 2013
Recently purchased a new Kodak printer after good reviews from friends and a neighbour, basically I needed something reliable and inexpensive to replace my ageing, costly and somewhat, now becoming troublesome Printer. But the reviews came with advise regarding the "Ink" Advise I should have heeded. Although prepared to take a small knock on the increased of Ink used, currently running at <35%> more than previously used as an average, the actual print ink quality I feel is lacking and, as advertised "Probably the cheapest Printer Ink available" Probably true, but only because the cartridges appear to be smaller than the competitors. Hence left "Disappointed" and only 3stars

Davecep
on 16 May 2013
Doesn't print many pages (not sure if this is because of Kodak or the supplier), I know they market themselves on the cheapness of the ink but if you get maybe only 50 pages out of the black it suddenly doesn't seem very good value. This seems to be a typical complaint about Kodak though.
on 27 March 2013
This product arrived as specified and is as advertised. I am disappointed that the Kodak 30XL cartridge appears to be in short supply and I have to spend time looking for the best deal. I would like to buy these products direct from Amazon at the deals previously offered.
Hope this is of interest.
JFS
on 3 December 2012
The claimed 335 pages is just a lie. Total rip off from Kodak. The printer is just fine but the advertising standards authority should do them over the claims about number of pages per toner. I have used 3 now and have still only printed 230 pages! Avoid avoid avoid!
on 17 February 2013
Absolute rubbish. After a couple of weeks the cartridge stops working even though it's still half full. The idea that you save money is a total con. Give me Cannon any day.It might be a little more expensive but at least the cartridge is usable until the ink has run out.