Customer reviews

The Amateur Spy
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 22 June 2017
This is not my usual genre but I am making an effort to read books set in different countries around the world. This was the one I selected for Jordan, I have already read Lawrence of Arabia.

This is a good story with believable and interesting characters. There are two stories one set in the USA with a doctor and his wife and a second set in Greece then Jordan taking in other countries along the way as the main character \freeman remembers his past work in different places as an Aid worker.

It is pretty topical too with all the tension in the Middle East and I found myself pretty much gripped from the start.

I liked how Freeman was not an expert and did make mistakes as that made him more human for
me.

I would be happy to read more of his books having read this one.
on 24 September 2008
Another good novel by Fesperman. I like the fact that he generally steers away from US/UK detective characters, introducing us to the Bosnian policeman Vlado Petric (Lie in the Dark, ...Great Sorrows), a US journalist in Afghanistan (Warlord's Son), to an interrogator (Guantanamo), and now a diplomat in Jordan.

These different settings help Fesperman stand out from the crowd, and this one is no exception, a diplomat forced to spy in Jordan and the Palestinian territories and who comes across more than he bargains for.

Could have done with a stronger ending, but that's my personal view.
on 24 March 2015
This product arrived in the time stated, the book was as described and proved to be an excellent read
on 15 August 2013
Good book, but not nearly as thrilling or intriguing as his first two books which are two of the best I have ever read. But none the less, a good book.
on 12 October 2014