Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 March 2013
I hadnt heard any of Stephen Marleys music, as I always thought he just produced music for others (and his brothers), so this was my first CD of his and certainly wont be my last. It must be difficult to walk in the shadow of such a great (his father Bob), but Stephen is a credit to Marleys vision. His raspy voice, captivates, close your eyes and Bob could be singing. If you listen carefully, Stephen also captures his mothers (Rita Marley), soulful sweet notes and the mix is a brilliant album with a particular favourite 'No cigarette smoke'. I have always thought Damian Marley had the best voice from the Marley clan, but now I am undecided. Fabulous production, smooth tunes and that reggae that strikes a chord in our psyche, this CD cannot be bettered. Amazing music!
on 22 June 2017
Great album
on 8 April 2017
classic
on 24 November 2011
Revelation Part 1: The Root of Life / purchased for a 3rd party / they love it and give it 5 stars. Excellent delivery :-)
on 4 August 2017
Good alround
on 10 June 2011
Very soulful album, I bought this album after hearing the single No Cigratte Smoking, the production is brilliantly done. But I was surprised, in fact impressed when I started to hear familiar voices as features, from Wale, to Capleton, Buju "Gagamel" Banton, Spraga ++++

This album showcases the brilliant production mind of Stephan, brilliant features, and enough sleepers on this album trust me..
on 6 June 2012
This album is incredible. Easily as good as Mind Control, in my opinion and more mature too. As well as hard hitting lyrics, the musical arrangement is astoundingly good, much like Mind Control but less of a hiphop influence which i missed but the replacement of roots reggae has served well on this. I put this up there with Bobs best stuff, Pure class realness!
on 1 June 2011
Got this cd on the strength of no more cigarettes single i heard a couple of months ago.I am getting sick of main stream music because it has absolutely nothing to offer me.
Purchased it on the 23rd May 2011 and as i own his mind control cd i was looking forward to his new thing and all i can say this real music.
there is actually no point in me reviewing this cd because its that good and does not warrant any review as i dont think any one can do it justice but it is a must have !! all songs on the cd should be file under gems!!
For me the one song that does it for me is NOW I KNOW,(its on heavy rotation at the moment )as fits in to the way i feeling about a particular situation

Stephen Marley I salute you, your dad would be proud of you !!
on 25 November 2013
Ordered this album and it came within two days. Nice modern roots album. With Daddy (Bob Marley) feel and vibes. Blessed, Stephen Marley. I recommend this album if you like good well composed reggae music,One love.
on 2 September 2013
Highly recommended, Stephen Marley is amazing, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Bob would be so proud of all the Marley brothers.Reggae Royalty.