on 24 May 2013
An OK bit of kit but can't see how they can justify charging what they do for it?! (captive market, no other option or am I just being cynical?) Bit fiddly to fit before you can get it right and have yet to test how secure it'll be in the long run though it seems a lot of buyers replace the adjustable straps with cable ties in the interest of security. Hmmm!
P.S. Having now used the mount I've fixed the same using cable ties in place of the straps provided as cable ties provide a firmer and more secure fixing method without doubt! The straps just don't do the job. Once in place all's good, though I mount my camera to the side of my helmet and the Contour, being a weighty little beast, tends to cock the helmet to one side (technical term that!) - useful though to have the option to pan the camera a few degrees left or right I've found using the 'click' mount.
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 16 January 2014
I have found this mount to fit very securely on my cycle helmet.

With the straps pulled tightly I can ride over some pretty bumpy terrain and the Countour camera that is attached stays put. Reviewing the footage afterwards shows that while the camera shakes as I go over the bumpy ground, the mount does not shift position at all.

Mounting/removing the camera is easy enough. It is stiff to put on and pull of, but this is what I want, since this stiffness is what holds the camera securely in place.

Overall a great addition to the Countour camera. My only complaint would be that I wish it was just bundled in with the camera to start with,
on 10 December 2013
The elevation angles the mount features are a nice touch, but it's nigh impossible to tighten the straps to get a good solid stable attachment. Don't bother with this and get the multi-purpose flex strap instead, it works great with my vented helmet and has far more applications as well.
4 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2014
It is a good mount but there is still a space for improvement. I am using it with second helmet now and there is a little bit of wobble when mounted, not too much but I wouldn't mind if the foam underneath would be a bit softer/thicker to absorb more curvature and shaking.
Nice touch is tilt adjustment (but with my Roam2 it is impossible to tilt to maximum) and a whole to tether camera in case it would slip from the mounting.
on 11 March 2012
The Contour Vented Helmet Mount was ordered right after ordering the Contour ROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder. Although the Contour ROAM came with two different mount options, none of them was appropriate for attaching the camera to a MTB helmet, since these do not have a flat surface large enough to glue one of the bundled mounts.

Although relatively expensive, the mount is just short of perfect. It is very easy to fit (I have a Trek Helmet) and the camera can easily be inserted in and out of the mount rail. The mount also provides 3 tilt levels that enable you to adjust the camera angle accordingly.
6 people found this helpful
on 16 June 2016
I had to add an extra layer between the mount and the helmet so it's fits tight and the video gets recorded without Harlem Shake effects, besides that I left the camera all the time mounted as its not easy to remove (because of how good it's holded by the mount)
on 7 April 2014
I liked the idea of this mount but the problem is that it wouldn't stay firmly clamped to my helmet no matter how tightly I bound it. When it did work the elevation of the mount helped, but the method of attaching the mount to a helmet is flawed.
on 17 November 2013
If you have a Contour and want to stick it on your bike helmet, then you don't really have much choice. It works perfectly well though, dependent on the vent shapes in your helmet, the straps may need tightening or readjusting from time to time. Main gripe is cost for what is really a few bits of plastic and a synthetic strap. I suppose if you wanted a contour in the 1st place, you should be prepared to pay the price and - after all - it still looks way better than the GoPro!
on 30 October 2014
I used this for about 6 months, then after a small knock the plastic in the mount that slot into the camera sheared off - on close inspection they seem to be only a few mm wide at the key point where the camera attaches. For this price you would hope for a much better design.
One person found this helpful
on 8 November 2015
battery life just not long enough, reviews confirmed it actually does not last the distance stated, so returned it