on 31 January 2011
Lawson is back and this time he has to try and stop an assassin from killing the head of the vampire council.
Just to make sure things aren't easy for our hero, this assassin is one hes fought before...And failed to put down.
Add to that shes half vampire and half werewolf, and can shape change then its a safe bet that Lawson is going to have his hands full.
Once again Jon F Merz takes us on a roller coaster through a gritty world where vampires co-exist with humans.
This book is hard to put down and you will always want to read 'just one more chapter' before you do put it down.
If you want action, excitement and a story that is thrill a minute then this is the book for you.
In fact this is the series for you....
Get the entire Lawson series on the kindle...You won't be sorry.
on 18 August 2011
by book three of the series I have found it hard going to keep the pages turning. I like the the lead character Lawson but I do not like the similarity to James Bond. I found this installment to be a bit dull and too similar to the previous novels. For me there is not enough "darkness" to the story and It doesn't matter that it is about vampires etc because it could just as easily be set in the James Bond universe for all the difference the supernatural makes to the series. I am going to stick with the series and see how it goes.
on 19 May 2011
Book 3 in the Lawson series and another cracker. Merz's characters are further developed as we accompany Lawson on another death defying mission to protect his vampire world where his own survival is never guaranteed. Another thoroughly enjoyable Lawson adventure that keeps you turning the pages, in my case, on the Kindle. Excellent value for an engrossing full novel - I just don't understand why Merz's books aren't much higher in the Kindle charts. Read Merz, and particularly the Lawson series, you won't regret it.