Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 15 February 2014
I really do love this album, it is a brilliant conception. The electronic beat over dubbed on the the early 1900s swing dance numbers.
on 14 March 2013
This is one cool album, some older swing-type music given an up-tempo modern twist, give it a try - I'm glad I bought it
on 6 March 2011
This was an impulse purchase for me that paid off brilliantly. It's a joyous remixing of what I assume are swing classics from people like Count Basie and Bing Crosby (although I didn't know any of them before myself) but its all been updated with punchy computerised dance rhythms and a bit of modern attitude. It could all have ended up a bit 'jive-bunny' but actually this is really well done and tasteful and bursting at the seams with infectious fun. The character of the crackly vintage tunes remains intact, but now they come across fresh and modern. I loved it all, from the 40s style tour poster cover to the production but especially the exuberant Scrub Me Mama and On The Downbeat (which is the tune I'd heard before on a compilation). I can't recommended this enough. Just loved it.
on 3 January 2012
Great compilation of Electro Swing Tunes, I love the tracks on here, all of them. Brilliant, great mix and good for parties or dancing to.
on 28 April 2016
Great idea, great results, great sounds. This really is for me. I'd love them to rev-up some old Victoria Spivey & Sippie Wallace tunes too

Eamonn
on 10 August 2013
Was not sure what I would think of this album when I got to listen through. However it certainly grows on you...
on 10 January 2016
Excellent CD! 11 great tracks plus bonus track. Swing Republic at their very best! Superb catchy tunes including some excellent reworks of classic oldies. Can't stop playing it.
Be aware though that Amazon have got the web page and Auto Rip link wrong, but, hey-ho, that gives you an EP download of 4 extra Swing Republic tracks!