Having started to do stop motion animations, keeping my camera on a tripod, and any accidental movement of the camera or tripod being clearly visible in stop motion, I got this as I had a tendency to bump into my tripod every now and again when reaching for the shutter button, not ruining an entire shoot, but at least detracting from the quality of it.

It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, making it perfect to bring along whenever you're doing tripod shooting too without taking any space that you'd need for other things. At 8cmx2cm, it comes in at roughly the same size as a cigarette lighter (If you read this years from now, that is what people used to light their real-tobacco cigarettes before everyone started vaping – or what people used to wave during the downbeat songs at concerts before they had lights on their smartphones).

Connecting it to my Panasonic FZ1000 was as easy as plugging it in, and it would then work just like the shutter button. Simple and easy. Works perfectly.
This cable release did make me think, I found the Panasonic branded version for sale in the U.K. at £59.00
I am not talking about the cable release with the LCD display, that is even more, i do mean the brand version of this cable release.
At under £6.00 plus a p&p fee this was such good value i took a chance on the basis that if it was no good i could just bin it.
I need not have worried, this cable release is made from cheap plastic but is sturdy enough.
The $64,000 dollar question was, would it work okay.
The answer is simply yes, it works perfectly, fits perfectly, the cable length is good.
Why on earth would anyone pay ten times as much for the Panasonic version, how much mark up do they want?
To conclude buy this cable release unless you worry what other photographers might think about you or you have money to burn.
Recommended
on 19 November 2012
A good quality product at a fraction of the price of the Panasonic version. Works perfectly with my GX1. It has a nice design feature whereby the cable can be wound around the body and plugged into the base of the handset for storage - Neat!
on 1 October 2013
Have always been happy with items ordered from Ex-Pro and own many chargers and batteries.
This remote is also very good, but I must mention that it will not work with the Panasonic GF2 as mentioned on the label and in its description. I own 4 Panasonic MFT cameras including the G1, GF1, GF2 and also a GF5. Panasonic removed the remote socket from the GF2 and subsequent models so this remote cannot work with the GF2. It works with the G1 and GF1 but no way can it be used with the GF2. As I do not own other models mentioned I will make no other comments on compatibility.

For me not an issue as I can use the remote with 2 other Panasonics (G1 and GF1), but if I had only the GF2 I would be a little dissapointed. The description sorry to say is incorrect and should be changed to avoid further potential issues.
on 10 August 2016
In terms of value for money this is a great product and does the job perfectly. I might be inclined to knock half star off because it feels a bit plasticy and a bit flimsy but then again it does the job so I'll give the product the benefit of the doubt - it's certainly easier than using the phone app in certain circumstances but it's really horses for courses.
on 29 July 2012
THis was exactly what I needed. It plugged into my Panasonic G2 and instantly I was able to control focus and shutter for slow speeds.
on 15 March 2012
This item worked perfectly on my GF1. Delivery was very quick. I would buy from the manufacturer and the supplier again. I'm just disappointed that when I upgraded my camera to the GF2 there was no socket available to use this accessory. Bad on Panasonic as remote shutter operation is essential for many types of photography. But that's no fault of the accessory or supplier.
on 28 April 2013
Chosen because the Panasonic item is a hideous price.
The ex pro is well made and does the job at a fraction of the price.
on 7 November 2015
I had my 400mm zoom lens at the max and on a tripod when trying to capture the recent lunar eclipse. This little gadget guarantees no shake when you take the shot. Couple this with continuous shooting and a perfect photograph is inevitable..!
Value remote shutter switch.

Doesn't look or feel particularly robust.

Good fit and easy to use.

Good value for money.