Customer reviews

The Tempest [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 4 December 2012
I bought this DVD because I had to study the play for part of my OU Shakespeare module and, not having seen the play before, was unsure what to expect. I was entranced and have watched it several times. Helen Mirren as Prospera and Ben Wishaw as Ariel are both superb and the CGI use for Ariel adds another dimension to the play. I was unsure of seeing Russel Brand in Shakespeare but he is also wonderful. For anyone wanting to see a fresh rendering of The Tempest I urge you to buy this DVD.
on 11 November 2015
This version is lots of fun. Students need to be aware that it is a version of the Tempest, and that certain things have been changed so they need to be familiar with the text as well, but as an enjoyable overview/introduction to studying the Tempest, this is a great film to watch.
on 10 September 2017
After reading Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood (read it - it's great) I decided to watch The Tempest. I really enjoyed this film. Helen Mirren is excellent and it's really interesting to see actors such as Chris Cooper performing Shakespeare.
on 25 January 2016
Brilliant realisation of Shakespeare's play.Helen Mirren terrific as Prospera and Russell Brand unexpectedly good,well worth watching.
on 8 March 2017
I loved it, a creative version yet acceptable from my beloved writter, Excellent DVD excellent seller
on 13 October 2017
Brilliant cast. Very enjoyable.
on 20 February 2014
I saw this in the cinema and the production was good enough for me to want to buy the. DVD. Helen Mirren and all the others do a fantastic job.
on 12 August 2017
Excellent
on 25 March 2017
excellent film, would have liked some sleeve notes
on 4 March 2016
Excellent version. Really entertaining.