on 18 June 2012
I had originally planned to buy the Withings Smart Blood Pressure Monitor but at nearly £120 I really felt I could not justify the price. I was all set to purchase a more conventional device when I found a reference to this one from iHealth. I had never heard of it before and was a bit nervous about purchasing blind but I decided to take the plunge.

I was very impressed with the up market and classy packaging the device arrived in, it could have been made by Apple (see my photo). It comes in a large plastic box with a clear dome, far too nice to throw away and with a actual printed manual, unusual indeed these days.

The device consists of a medium sized cuff to be work on the upper arm, a connecting tube, the stand/pump itself and a USB cable. The stand is an impressive thing, very Apple like, doubling as a robust stand for the iOs device and as a charger both for the integral battery and the battery of the iPhone itself. In use the monitor will work from the integral battery in the stand or when charging and plugged in to the USB cable. No USB adapter was supplied so the user will need to plug it into their own adapter or the computer USB port.

To use the device you need to download the free iOs app, so far as I know it will not work directly with any third party app. The app allows for multiple users to input data which is stored and accessed separately. The readings are remembered and can be recalled individually or shown in graph form. The data can be exported to a limited number of locations: Email, Facebook, Twitter, and the Targetweight Pro app. To add the data to any other website or app it must be copied over manually. So far as I can tell the unit is accurate, the results mirror that of other BP monitors I tested it against.

I am very pleased with my purchase, this is a well made and upmarket product available at a relatively bargain price. To my mind the only real drawbacks are the absence of a carry case and the limited number of data export options.

THE GOOD
Good build quality
Far cheaper than it's nearest rival
Doubles as an attractive iPhone/iPd/iPad stand and charger
Works well
Good battery life
Built in rechargeable battery
Works when battery is charging via USB cable
Software is simple and easy to use
Elaborate and impressive packaging
Printed manual supplied

THE BAD
Won't work with an iPhone housed in certain case types
Only interfaces with a small number of third party apps and websites
Connecting tube to cuff rather short
Only works with an iOs device
Data can be viewed and analyzed online only on third party website
Software offer few options to analyze or export the data
No carry case provided
No USB adapter supplied
review image review image
First things first, this is NOT worth the £89.99 RRP anything under £30 and I think it is a bargain.

Setting it up to use is easy, the quality does feel decent and the FREE app that you download to operate it with is very good. I would have actually paid extra for the app. I love the way you can store each family members details and chart your results.

You don't need anyone to help you operate it either, placing the cuff around your arm is easy and achievable with one hand although I am in my fourties so I am not sure if this would be the case for someone older and a little more fragile.

Readings are accurate, both myself and my wife had our pressure checked at the doctors and it matches fine with this item.
on 7 February 2013
This is a good bit of kit, well packed and easy to get into.
The BP bit works fine, the pulse rate bit only works if you've got a good pulse (I didn't have).
Works perfectly now my pacemaker is installed.
WARNING - Just because you've invested in this bit of kit to use at home with you're shiny iPad/Iphone it does NOT mean you're a flipping Cardiologist!! It will not replace a trained professional, if someone tells you that now they have this they can replace a time served professional tell them to get knotted.
Good bit of kit to keep and eye on things but I won't be opening a heart unit in my living room and I'll still be seeing my own cardio'.
Hope this helps.
Live long and prosper.
Dean
on 13 March 2013
Got this last week, it is so easy to use on your iPad or iPhone wish I had got 1 sooner
on 13 March 2013
I have found this monitor to be so useful. My doctor has asked me to keep a record of my blood pressure by taking it twice a week for 2 months. This monitor does all that and it means that I can go to the doctor with a complete record showing the readings, the date and the time. I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 14 May 2013
IHealth Blood Monitor Dock/Charger and Monitoring System

A very useful, well made item which connects to an iPad, iPhone or iTouch. Readings are very accurate and it is extremely easy to use. Best of all, it has an app which stores readings and also shares data with other fitness apps like TactioHealth and updates that immediately I take a reading. Only downside is that it uses the old style connector for Apple devices and I had to buy a converter to use it with my iPhone 5 which cost £30

After several months of use, I find that the battery does not last long which is a shame so always have to be close to my PC to power up the unity via the USB socket
on 31 December 2014
This is an AMAZING piece of kit for what you pay. The packaging is very Apple like and the monitor itself is just quality. Ive recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and this superb bit of kit is helping to monitor my condition. I swear it is better (and more accurate?!?) than anything Ive seen or had used on me in a doctors surgery.
The app that goes with it is free to download and works seamlessly with the monitor producing all the charts and readouts that a curious doctor could wish to see. The only downside of the whole thing really is that, sooner or later, I will have to get an adaptor from 30 pin to the newer as my wife is getting a bit miffed that I keep nicking her aging Ipad to do the readings!! If you are having tests for blood pressure or if you are just curious I really cannot recommend this highly enough as the kit to do it with
on 9 October 2014
Having just had an angiogram, my doctor wanted me record my blood pressure and weight loss over a period of days and several times a week. This fitted the bill as I used my IPhone 4s to record the tests and the cloud put the data straight to my iPad which I took to the doctor and he was well impressed and when I told him it only cost £12.00 he was even more impressed. Excellent product, easy to use and the reports are easily printed if required.
on 12 July 2014
I have used BP monitors for some years but this is the best one I have come across.
Simple to use along with an ipad app that keeps a history of the readings.
Price is fantastic.
on 30 November 2014
Saw this and thought that it must be worth a punt for a tenner!

Actually this is extremely good. Once the unit is set up and the the ipnone 4 'docked' - it also acts as a charger for your phone - you simply follow the on screen instructions and away you go.

The cuff is very solid and easy to apply even with one hand.

I have bought units costing over a hundred pounds and this by far surpasses them in every way.

After numerous recent visits to hospital and my GP I can also vouch for the units accuracy mirroring the readings the professionals were getting.

I really can't think of anything to criticise this unit about. So if you have an iphone 4 and want to keep an eye on your blood pressure it is most definitely worth a tenner!