Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 August 2011
I had only heard a few songs from this band prior to this album, and what I heard sounded very much deathcore with progressive elements. I am not a fan of deathcore however, this band made me rethink my stance on deathcore entirely. The idea of basing songs around breakdowns does not initially sound like a good idea for a genre (unless you really like breakdowns) but this album just kept coming up with more and more inventive breakdowns that I no longer cared.

I believe the name given to the emerging genre of metal that this has elements of is called "djent", that being onomatopoeia for the sound that Meshuggah defined with their heavily palm-muted guitars and polyrhythmic drums. The merging of deathcore, djent and the epic keyboards works incredibly well with the lyrical concepts of a new age of spiritual elightnment and human evolution.

Stand out tracks are Follow the Signs, Recreate, Devestate, and XIV + Behold, which is insanely epic.

This was pretty much exactly what I had been looking for in music for a very long time. 10/10.
on 9 December 2012
This is one of the best albums released! There isn't a bad song on the album! 5/5, would definitely recommend for tech/prog metal fans.
on 7 January 2013
I love the music

The album has so many great song in it.
especially DEVASTATE, FOLLOW THE SIGNS AND SINGULARITY