Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Size: Standalone|Style Name: Magnetic Wooden Numbers|Change

on 3 April 2011
The magnets are of good quality, great size (approx. 5cm height) and seem durable. Box is very good and sturdy too.
The downside is that the number of words you can write at the same time is limited, since there are only 2 letters of each (one uppercase and one lowercase).
With a few extra vowels it'll be a lot more fun and educational.
Maybe they could sell vowels and frequently used letters in a "booster pack"?
on 14 February 2010
These alphabets are of a good size and the magnet sides are covering the whole shape so they stick well to any flat metallic board. They would be great BUT they are just covered with cardboard. I was expected them to be wooden blocks but the thin layer of wood is 'sandwiched' between the magnet and the paper. I was really disappointed and I am not sure how long they will last as they are not water resistant (and my son still enjoys putting things in his mouth). The finishing isn't as appealing to me - I would have appreciated a clear and honest description and would not have bought them if I had know they were half cardboard.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2016
These are a complete waste of time. It is very unclear what some of the letters are meant to be and so very confusing for a small child. H and N are particularly unclear. I'm investigating getting my money back for these! Not fit for purpose.

I bought these as a present and so of course didn't open them. Now Amazon are saying it is too late to return. They are even worse than I first thought. I have 56 letters instead of the 52. However, I am missing c, d, g, h, k, l, o, p, s, t, w, and x. Instead I have duplicates of the others. This is very annoying!
on 16 July 2010
I was a bit wary about these letters given the comment by one reviewer of cardboard being used, but if it is cardboard (which I'm not convinced about) it's hard to tell as they are so well finished in glossy hard material. I think if your child is putting these in its mouth, then they are probably too young to be trying to teach letters. If your child is over three years old, which is what these are aimed for, you should be fine. My daughter is fascinated by making words now, and the bright colours are appealing.
on 6 December 2015
Seems like they are made from some type of compressed wood product completely covered with magnetic tape on the rear. Full set of upper case and lower case. Stick to steel surfaces, however not strong enough to hold a piece of paper in place so not that magnetic. A few of the letters could be a little clearer due to limitations of design. Also as these are soft wood, they can easily be chewed. Overall good product.
on 22 April 2014
Does what it says on the tin so to speak! Nice wooden storage box with sliding lid..very useful as in my case purchase was for my 18 month old granddaughter who is just beginning to say her numbers, so initially will just use numbers 1 to 9 and store +, =, x etc away in box until required at some future point.
on 3 March 2014
I bought this product for my 16 month old daughter as she was constantly sticking plastic magnets on the fridge door. We got her a large wall mounted blackboard/magnetic board for her play area however found the cheaper plastic magnets did not stick. These magnets are completely magnetic on the reverse which means they will have no problem sticking to any magnetic surface. The downside to this product is that there are not enough vowels. I tried to spell out my daughters name which has 2 of the same vowel in it yet was impossible to do without having to use one capital letter and one small letter of that vowel. An extra set of vowels would have made this product a 5 star product. Otherwise a great product.
on 16 February 2016
I bought two sets of these so we could spell letters with more than one 'd' or 'm' in them. Brilliant quality letters, very robust and lovely bright colours. The colour of the lower case letters matches the capital which is great for then the child is matching lower and capitals. The wooden box they come in is excellent- robust and with a nice thick plastic lid that slots into the box.

The only drawback/down side to this product is the formation of some of the letters. For example the lower case i and j have the dots almost fully merged onto them and the 'l' (lower case L) just looks like a stick. I would still recommend these letters to anyone and my son is not bothered by the merged dots, he still recognises the letters for what they should be.
on 20 June 2016
A durable item as always from Melissa and Doug perfect for learning lower case and upper case my son loves learning to put them in order and a great start into learning letters and the magnetic is strong highly recommend
on 10 July 2014
Hard to work out what some of the letters are, eg i and l, no good to teach toddler, would not recommend.