on 10 April 2014
A real watch not like other g shocks. This really does the lot a little expensive but it should outlast a lot of other watches. The watch is really a easy watch to set up as well. All the things work on it. Feels nice and bold on the wrist a mans watch almost a bit of a statement really. Yes I owe a proper g shock. If you can afford it then buy this baby you will feel like Rambo.
on 5 April 2013
Ahhhh

Well I'm a Breitling collector, but needed a watch I did not need to worry about whilst loading trucks....I usually wear a B-1

This watch is hugely comfortable. The perfect compromise. And amazing accuracy.

Alarm is a little quiet for me but my phone is a good backup

I might even buy a totally yellow version!
on 6 March 2013
Has all the features I wanted in one watch.
Solar power: No batteries ever. Which means the water resistance will never be affected by replacing the battery.
Radio controlled accuracy.: Resets itself every night. Cool!
Tough shock proof casing and glass.
Easy read contrasting hands and face.
Built in light and luminescent paint.
All for a great price which undercut the high street by over £100.
Great watch.
on 14 December 2012
Delivery excellent. Looks really good. Will have to wait until Christmas day to find out if I have made the right decision, but on the face of it (no pun intended) I cannot see that it will be a disappointment. It looks and feels really substantial. It has a good weight and the hands and display can be seen very easily. Overall, really very pleased.
on 24 May 2014
What can I say....I own many watches and have spent up to £1200 on some. This watch is by far the best I have ever owned. I love everything about it. It is the most accurate and cost effective watch I could ever wish to own. I only paid £140 new but if I had paid the full price I would still give a 5 star rating for value. Highly recommend this Watch.
on 25 October 2011
I think this is for those who know what they want!
A bit of reading of the manual and trying out will get you the required know how and finally an appreciation of the tech in the watch, easily my best watch now and sits right on the wrist.
Radio control is awesome works a charm in the middle of the night, all functions take a little combination of buttons but you will get the hang of it after a fews tests.
on 12 October 2013
Casio G-Shock what's not to love?

Casio always make fantastic watches but this watch has shone out, in my opinion to be the best watch:
.because it easy to use
.extremanly accurate timing
.looks awesome
.its a G-Shock

I would highly recommend buying this if you have the money.
on 5 February 2013
The Casio G-Shock GW-3500B model has an excellent specification, a rugged design and a competitive price (it's currently £153 on Amazon UK, although one should note that their quoted RRP of £350 is not correct, it actually retails at £250). With tough solar, multi-band 6, multiple world time displays, five alarms, a snooze alarm, hourly chime, stopwatch and countdown timer, it has most bases covered.

It should have been the perfect watch for me but I ended up returning it to Amazon, as I couldn't live with the faults noted below. The deal breaker for me was the quality of the digital displays and the backlighting.

The digital displays are poor, in my opinion. They consist of light digits on dark backgrounds and the contrast is far worse than digital displays with dark digits on a light background. I suspect that Casio used these displays purely because of the way they looked, rather than for their functionality. The digital displays are also not backlit, which is unforgivable, as it renders most of the watch's functions unusable, not just at night but in any low-light conditions.

The backlighting itself is not especially good, just adequate for reading the hands. It consists of a single LED, at the 6 position. This means that the lower part of the dial is lit brightly but the 12 position is left somewhat lacking. It's good enough to see the dial but it's not great. However, the biggest problem is that the backlight doesn't extend to the digital displays (see above). Bearing in mind that most of the watch's functionality - world time, alarm, chime, stopwatch, timer - comes from these displays, it's a serious flaw and means that the only thing one can do when the backlight is needed, is read the (analogue) home time.

The final issue for me is the overall size of the watch and, in particular, the depth (height) of the watch. If you have a small wrist, think carefully as, in my opinion, it will look clumsy. I have an average sized wrist and the length and width were just about acceptable. However, the height of the watch seems excessive. This won't be so much of a problem in the summer, with a short-sleeved shirt but, otherwise, its size baulks shirt cuffs, jumpers, coat sleeves etc., as it stands so high from the wrist. I appreciate that the watch is supposed to be 'chunky' and it will certainly resist damage but I still believe this could have been achieved in a slightly slimmer design, which would have looked far better.

This watch could be a five-star winner, if the quality of the digital displays was improved and they included backlighting. Still, at the current price, there's not much else to touch it and many will overlook the faults and find it good enough for their purposes.
on 3 November 2014
Without a doubt the best watch I have ever bought. I'm not interested in most of the clever things it can do I just want a watch that I put on my wrist and forget about until I need to know the time. No batteries, no adjustments no need to take it off when swimming. It just does the job - perfectly, all the time.
on 24 August 2014
As in previous reviews - this is a brilliant watch. The solar/atomic setup works really well and it is a great looking watch which is light on the wrist and feels very comfortable. You may gather that I really do like this timepiece and the price at a £100 pounds off list makes it fantastic value.