on 1 February 2014
This machine is quick, efficient and pretty silent in operation. It is simplicity itself compared to a previous type of machine we have used. It also makes great ice cream.

I would also like to thank the seller for giving me the biggest laugh this Christmas. I had bought the ice cream machine as a surprise Christmas gift for my husband. When it was delivered, along with a couple of other items, the seller had thoughtfully packed the machine, in its own box and alongside the other items, inside a larger box which was marked to show it had previously held a candy floss machine. My husband was curious when he saw such a huge box being delivered and so naturally, when I told him not to look at it, as it was a surprise for him, his curiosity got the better of him and he had a peep the moment my back was turned. He thought I had taken leave of my senses and expressed his extreme disappointment to our daughter, who was in on the secret. 'Why on earth would your mother buy me a candy floss machine?' he moaned. He was so disappointed.

Well, it was lovely to see not only relief but delight on his face when on Christmas day he opened the enormous box to find something much better and more desirable. I should add that the ice cream maker was not as large as I had feared from the size of its box, so I too was relieved that I am able easily to give it room in the kitchen. We're still chuckling over the candy floss machine, however!
on 15 July 2011
WE LOVE this Ice Cream Maker. I am a Diabetic, and so wanted to be able to make low sugar, and also non dairy ice cream, so bought this and Vice Cream (recipe book for Vegan Ice Creams). I have 4 young children, and we have fun making it, and cannot wait for the beeps to tell us its time to enjoy - and we have all enjoyed every recipe.

The recipes that come with the ice cream maker are great also, and I would recommend reading through it, as it gives you tips and reasonings for how to get a good batch of ice cream.

I tend to take the mixing paddle out the second it stops turning, as it can be hard to extract your ice cream when it is frozen into it.

Also, I have discovered that if you boil water, and pour it into a bowl, then stand the metal ice cream bowl in it for a minute or less, you can then pour the whole ice cream out in 1 block. I then put it into a plastic tupperware box and re shape it, for freezing and storage - but actually rarely have any left after we have all sampled it (several times).

Only danger of having such a machine, is that the temptation to eat a lot of ice cream is there all the time!

I don't feel so guilty though if it's non dairy - as a fraction of the fat!!

After the 50 minutes is up, the ice cream is rarely frozen all the way through, so you can either leave it in, to be continually frozen for up to 1 hour, or extract it, as described above, and then re freeze it until you need it. We have discovered that it gets very frozen (no soft scoop rubbish here), so when you are going to eat it, take it out 20 mins prior!

The machine looks great on our counter, and take pride of place! 10 out of 10!!
on 1 October 2015
Makes lovely ice cream, but takes up rather a lot of space in my small kitchen!
on 7 July 2011
Cant say much on this Item as Mine was faulty, only got down to -25
so cycle took 90mins (50min+40) to get even close to the results in the description.
After talking to Customer service a few times and making a test batch the item was sent back next day delivery.
However No responce or refund from them what so ever.
On Amazon cs advise I had to file a claim to get my money back as they(A/J) had received the item and should have contacted me or issued a refund.
Thanks Amazon for getting my money back!
I shall not be buying any Andrew James products in the future!
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2016
2 Litres is slightly too much for it to freeze evenly in the time but 1.5Litres is fine and makes really nice creamy icecream!
on 10 November 2014
I bought this Direct from Andrew James, with a voucher code it came in at £135 with free delivery, all great so far. The ice cream maker arrived not in the quickest time, unlike AMAZON it would have been here next day, but anyway when it finally arrived we plugged it in, read the instructions, all very easy to use and made some fantastic ice cream. Two or three days later we thought we were going to make some more ice cream, plugged it in only to find it couldn't be switched on a bit annoying as we had prepared some ingredients, ice cream ingredients are not the cheapest.
I called Andrew James, explained the problem and the girl at Andrew James said she would email me a returns label. So far I've not been emailed a returns label, I emailed them over the weekend at customerservices@andrewjamesworldwide.com to ask them once again for a returns label and so far they have not responded.
It is a real shame that the customer service for this company looks like it's going to be rubbish. Looking around at people's opinions and Reveiws things don't look that brilliant for the after sales of Andrew James.
on 15 September 2014
sent it back. They didnlt seem surprised. It didn't freeze properly
on 25 June 2011
Having read the reviews on different ice cream makers I was a bit unsure which one to go for as they all said they were very noisy. I then came across this one and decided it looked good and reviews said how quiet it was - they were spot on! It is very quiet, seems well built and makes fantastic ice cream, sorbets and frozen yoghurts. No need to prefreeze bowls just pop chilled ingredients in, see them mix and 30- 50 mins later fantastic frozen treat. No need for alcohol or salt between bowl and unit either. Another nice feature is the digital display which tells you how much time remains and the current temperature of the bowl. You can simply add time during the freezing cycle if you want harder icecream or stop it early if it makes faster than expected. It also has a keep cold feature that automatically kicks in for up to an hour if you dont eat it once it's made. I am delighted I bought this model and would highly recommend it. Speed of delivery from Andrew James was also excellent.
on 24 March 2015
Made a vanilla ice cream and a frozen raspberry yoghurt so far. Fantastic. No complaints. Probably worth stirring right up to the edges part way through the process but the results have been perfect.
on 6 July 2015
This ice cream maker did not freeze the ice cream it would not even cool it total waste of money has put me off of ice cream makers if they are all like this one.