on 18 September 2017
Definitely helps keep feet warm working outside standing at a market all day but really heavy on batteries. Not worth using rechargeable batteries because they did not last that long and charging them took ages. Feet don't get hot, just warm & I found that switching them off once the insoles warmed up helped save some battery power. Unless you wear wide boots or loose trousers batteries + holder could will look lumpy but I found that by just placing the batteries inside my wide boots it was more comfortable. Care is required cutting insoles to size to avoid cutting the wire.
on 10 January 2015
Very pleased with this item and quick delivery
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an edited version of an earlier review. The makers have promised to improve the product so that the velcro battery holder cuff fits larger ankles.

I obtained these as I have poor circulation and wanted something to keep my feet warm whilst out and about this winter. One of the side-effects of the poor circulation is that I have swollen ankles. Mine are officially large - from being a small/medium when not swollen. Sadly, this made the insoles unusable for me. The cuffs on my product were suitable for ankles under 30cm (12 inches) in circumference.

These battery powered insoles have a soft fabric anklet with a velcro closure to hold the battery pack. A wire leads to a metal heat strip sandwiched in the soft fabric insole. The heat produced is very, very gentle - I can't imagine that it would ever become uncomfortable in use.
There is a size guide clearly printed on the insole, to help with cutting to size. The insole is no thicker than usual insoles - it is quite thin but the fabric is sturdy.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Lightweight little product useful to keep your feet warm during the winter, during outdoor activities, or if you have poor circulation. Its easy to cut the product to fit your shoe size and the heat is equally distributed under your feet. Its a slow dull heat so safe enough to use by anyone. There is no control to change the heat setting.

The product requires external batteries, so when you are out and about you can replace them rather than looking for an electric point to recharge them. Batteries seem last at least 5 hours (I have not had to change them yet)

The main unit straps to your ankle easily enough. I am not sure if this product would suit people with feet problems (athletes foot/corns etc), might want to check with an expert first.
on 4 January 2017
I have Peripheral Neuropathy and unfortunately my feet are cold all of the time in the colder weather. These are not overly hot but as I also have Lupus chilblains that is fine by me as if they were any hotter they would make my chilblains worse. Very quick delivery so thank you.
on 13 December 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Ultrasport thermal sole's are a great way to keep your tootsies warm when wondering round the frozen food aisles of your local supermarket, or when going for a long walk in this freezing weather.

They can be cut to size, and when fitted with (external) batteries, strapped to your ankles, and away you go, warm feet. Note I said warm feet - the heat produced is not hot, it's a comfortable, safe feeling warmth, and if you suffer from cramp due to getting cold feet, these thermal soles may help you.
on 21 January 2017
Easily cut to size and fitted in my work boots. Kept my feet comfortable (not too hot or cold) on a recent night shift in near freezing conditions. The battery webbing straps were comfortable and unobtrusive during use. I've bought some high drain rechargeable batteries and a charger for my car to keep them ready for use.
on 17 February 2013
Don't expect these insoles to turn your feet toasty warm! However, they do help to take the very worst off the cold.
on 17 February 2017
Lasts 4 hours max no good for standing in freezing conditions for any longer. Dont get hot but stop your feet freezing while the batteries are still working. I use good quality rechargeable ones too
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2017
Works well, gets to a good temperature but the battery life is dreadful. Duracell Plus Power batteries last less than two hours, and you need six batteries!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse