Customer reviews

Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£2.38+ Free shipping

on 4 February 2013
I never leave reviews on products though I know I should. I am insensed by this underlay though. I bought it as I was looking for a cheap method to stop a fairly cheap rug from slipping in my childs bedroom. The price tag was perfect and the item arrived as described quickly and I was delighted to find that it did a fairly good job. There was slight creeping but no more slipping. However I recently needed to move the rug to a different position and was irritated to find that the underlay has stuck to the floorboards underneath. On removing it there is an oblong area of black rubber bits now stuck to the floor. I have been up there for half an hour already trying every method I can think of to scrape this stuff off, but it's taking ages and there will be some marking left that will only be removed by sanding and revarnishing! Beware! I don't imagine it would do carpets any good either. I have since bought a cheap underlay for a different rug from Dunelm Mill which works and doesn't leave a deposit.
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2016
Received this in the post today - reasonable service. However, I thought I was getting a product 30 x 150cm but what I actually received was useless - 37 x 90cm. My husband proceeded to cut it in half with a view to use half at either end of the rug rather than bother with sending it back. Wish I'd just sent it back now as it neither sticks to the rug or the laminate flooring so not only is it too small and not the size described, it doesn't even stop the rug slipping (in the slightest). Very disappointing purchase and just as well it wasn't more money - I'll be back off to Dunelm to get the proper stuff. Get what you pay for!!!
on 30 March 2013
write up said it was suitable for rugs laid on carpets, It most certainly did not work on my carpets OK first rug I tried it under was to large for size of "non-slip" mat as I had under estimated amount needed for main rug and it did not even slow down the rugs slippage so tried it under very small carpet pieces in front of entry doors. Once again on top of carpet small rug still moved even though anti slip rug covered 100% size of rug. Using on vinyl floor it was much more effective and stopped 90% of movement so did find a use for it but it absolutely refuses to grip my main carpet which is a 50/50 wool, nylon blend. Personally can only see it working on very short pile carpets.
on 19 December 2011
This was OK when I first got it but after a while the stickyness has gone and not only does the rug slip about but so does the matting. A complete waste of money.
on 1 May 2017
Worked at first but the rug creeps daily across the floor got two pieces and put one either end as it's quite a large rug . The antislip mat doesn't work for me which is reflected in the price you get what you pay for cheap but not doing the job as it should . Delivery was fast and problem free
on 26 March 2013
This inexpensive anti slip mat works perfectly beneath my hall rugs, which are on a highly polished wooden floor. It took only seconds to lay on the floor and then to pop the rug on top. It's important to point out that the mat's anti-slip properties appear to be directional. Basically, if the non-slip mat doesn't work in one direction, turn it 90deg and try again. Cuts easily to fit, no special tools needed, no faffing with sticky tape or glue. I am very pleased and would recommend it with the suggestion that when you shampoo your rug, or spill anything on it, remove the anti-slip mat beneath it until the rug is dry, just in case it sticks to your nice wooden floor. I intend to get some more for a larger rug, also on a shiny, wooden floor.
on 2 January 2014
These mats do not work as under rug or under carpet non-slip mats. I have tried them in several rooms and the rugs that they should prevent from slipping all have slipped as much as they did without the 'non-slip' mat. They are not fit for purpose and should not be described in this way. They may work as a non slip mat for a table top on which to place other products but I can think of better things to use for that. I am really really disappointed with these things: they are a complete waste of space. My advice to you is NOT to purchase these if you are going to use them for under rug/carpet non slippage.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 October 2014
Hey, it actually works! I have a mat under my desk so that it is warm for my fit (it is in the living room, wooden floor, no wall to wall carpet) and it was always pushed around, so I gave this a try doubting it will work. But it does, it holds the mat in place. Now let's see if it will last...

Update: It has indeed lasted. I also use it to stabilize my Yamaha keyboard on the keyboard stand - just two little pieces were needed, one for each rail of the stand and it is perfect!
on 17 April 2013
Checked other reviews and thought why do some rate it 4 or 5 then others rate it 1, but thought I would try it as it is very cheaply priced. Arrived today and fitted it under my rug in seconds.

I have a felt backed rug on top of very slippery laminate flooring, rug slipped like it was ice on ice before fitting this non-slip mat underneath.

I only brought 1 non slip mat to try it, it's less than half the size of my rug but my rug NO longer slips even though I should have more non slip matting under it.

Very happy with the results for less than £3. Will buy more for future use.
on 13 May 2013
Bought this product because I'd just layed a vinyl tiled floor in my bathroom, was worried about the rug slipping but with this underneath the rug hasn't moved an inch. Really pleased with the purchase. Wasn't sure whether to buy one or two as its narrow so played it safe and bought two which works really well. Would definitely recommend to anyone with a 'slippy' floor.