Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(3 star). See all 1,267 reviews
on 25 February 2016
I like the cover and I find it protects my Kindle nicely and I don't worry about it being knocked or scratched. However, I bought my Kindle cover on the 2nd August 2015 - barely more than 6 months ago and the elastic at the top of the Kindle cover is just about to snap, rendering the cover useless for me. Does anyone know if the elastic can be replaced? If it cannot and I need to buy another cover it will not be one in this style because if 6 months is it's useful life then I don't think that it is worth it. To make matters worse, I don't even use it everyday because I have another Kindle which I use more frequently because it is lighter to carry around. But for that the elastic would have broken long since. I am disappointed.
on 12 September 2014
For quality construction and protection for my Kindle I would be very pleased to give this five stars. It is very well made and substantial and looks classy. As mine is an older model of Kindle I was able to buy at sale price and in any colour as long as it's black! Well I have no problem with black and it is certainly value for money.

But I have arthritic fingers and spine, it has added weight to the Kindle which I find hard to manage. I would like to carry it in my handbag so that I can read while hanging about for appointments, but again the added weight is a problem.

I hope that with modern protective fabrics and techniques someone will produce a light weight version.
on 2 December 2011
This cover is absolutely beautifully made, it smells of new leather and fits the Kindle Keyboard 3G like a glove. The one and only negative, in my humble opinion, is: You fix the Kindle into the cover via two attachments which slot into the left hand side of the device - that's easy to fit and all there is to do. Sadly, if you turn the Kindle upside down (screen facing the ground), it flops out of the cover until it becomes held by the two fixing clips on the left hand side - the clips are not hinged, so they end up taking the Kindle's weight - plus the leverage - and I wonder if the plastic casing of the Kindle (where the clips attach) or the clips on the cover can take the strain.

With respect; before you wonder why anyone would turn the Kindle upside down to face the floor ... how many times have we all been laid on the sofa with a book - upside down ?

Apart from that, this cover is really beautiful.

Aron Jones.
Oxford.
on 5 August 2012
Unfortunately it appears that Amazon have yet to learn from the product feedback & knowledge that is freely available online. I bought the cover around 3 weeks ago and it's already caused my kindle to crash. As soon as I removed the cover my kindle reset & continued to work without any issues at all.

While I can 'borrow' some clear nail varnish from my girlfriend to fix the issue why can't amazon sort it at source and design the product correctly to prevent this issue completely?

So while the cover does protect the kindle any owner does need to be aware that should the device freeze then the cover will need to be removed for the kindle to start working again.
on 2 September 2014
I loved the colour of the case fits the kindle keyboard perfectly of course. the charging port and power switch are easily accessible. My only complaint is with to much handling the cover picks up marks easily and is difficult to clean due the pebble like texture of the surface, once dirts in there its stuck
on 25 November 2011
I bought this leather cover for my Kindle. It was advertised as "Not New" and was therefore less expensive, but on arrival it looked perfect. However, after not a lot of use, the elastic "band" that keeps it closed has come away from the top end, and is therefore quite useless. I have sewed it back on, but doubt it is going to last for very long. This is very disappointing, and if/when it does come apart again (or if it parts company from the bottom end) it will render the cover un-useable.
on 24 June 2012
Very good cover but not the best for the price.

- It's not covering the whole Kindle. Won't protect it from the dust or water on the sides.
- I think inside it's not enough soft, and when you close the leather that will push down some buttons.
on 27 December 2012
Given poor mark as the elastic which holds the cover together when closed has streched after only a month. As with all elastic you expect wear and tear over time but was dissappointend that this was only one month.
on 8 September 2012
I am very pleased with my Amazon kindle but the colours of the kindle leather cover are so drab. I had no option but to order chocolate brown (after writing to Amazon - who advised only three colours were available for my kindle keyboard, black, brown, grey).

My family live in US, they have green, deep pink and purple but these colours are not available here. Why not Amazon.
on 25 April 2015
doesn't fit new kindle so waste of money now that my original kindle has died.