on 13 April 2011
This is a nice, well made leather case for your Kindle. I attaches securely to the "spine" side, and protects the Kindle. It feels much more robust than the E-Reader alone, and I am more confident now, taking it with me wherever I go. The embossed leather feels and smells nice, and the elastic retaining band works simply, but efficiently. I am very pleased with this.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 April 2017
This is what it says and does OK. There's not much point in commenting because there are not many alternatives now for a cover to fit the old style of Kindle with a built-in keyboard (2010). In fact it looks as though this dark brown version may already have disappeared.

I got this to replace a third party cover that wore out. This one holds the Kindle by means of little hooks that fit into small holes in the left hand edge of the device. This looks a bit unlikely but works fine. It is held shut by an elasticated cord. That also works fine, but I do wonder how long it will last. The Kindle is coming up to six years old; it has outlasted its first cover and it may well outlast this one too. After that I suspect it will have to go bare.
on 21 March 2017
I currently own a Kindle Keyboard WiFi only that is still going strong (since July 2011). I recently picked up a used Kindle Keyboard 3G in like new condition for a very cheap price. I wanted another original Amazon leather case for it and was having little luck finding one in the US. All of the ones I came across were used & overpriced, the old style fasteners that had been recalled, or new and way overpriced.

Anyway, on a whim, I checked Amazon UK and to my surprise, new ones were being sold direct from Amazon. I think these are/were the best quality cases that Amazon has offered for any of their devices. The original one I purchased in 2011 in black still looks terrific. The chocolate brown one I received is just as terrific. I like the fact that i can hold the Kindle like a book with both hands and it feels solid.

As an aside, I just wish Amazon offered a similar form factor and quality cover for the Fire HD 8 tablet. All of the Fire HD 8 covers I've come across are made to fold back around the device or to be contorted into a horizontal or vertical stand. This results in a flimsy spine that makes it very awkward if you want to hold it like a book. My hunt continues!
on 16 September 2011
Buying this on-line was not an easy decision given the price - how can it be worth that much I thought?

Worth every penny.

The cover is a perfect partner to Kindle, the experience starts when you receive the box, you can tell a lot of thought has gone into the packaging, and its really encouraging to know Amazon take your experience seriously. The cover itself is weighty, it feels like it doubles the weight of the kindle. The front and back covers are card re-enforced leather, and feel like they'll last a long time. The elastic strap sits neatly in the front cover, which re-assures me it wont fall open inside my bag.

The latch mechanism it great, it looks flimsy but I tried shaking the kindle loose and it wouldn't budge. To someone with OCD like me, It's easy to get annoyed by poor design or lack of symmetry, but with the Kindle locked in place and the cover closed, the gaps between the front and back covers are equal, as is the overlap around the 3 open sides - Top marks Amazon!

The only (very) minor point of concern is that when the cover is open, the elastic strap doesn't really "fit" anywhere, and can feel out of place when you're holding it, but I suppose most people wouldn't notice.

To sum up, if you have a Kindle, buy an (amazon made) kindle cover.
This is a fantastic quality piece of kit for your Kindle, whichever colour you buy. I chose not to buy one with a light because I always find them a bit fiddly but that's just me, if you like that feature then I'm sure that you'll get the same benefits as described below with that cover as well.

The quality and feel of this cover is great. That you can securely lock your Kindle in as opposed to sit it in under loops in the corner is a brilliant protective design feature. For me it has the added advantage that it makes the Kindle feel like a book and provides (again from my perspective) a bit of weight. I also feel that it makes the Kindle easier to hold and prevents me from hitting the page advance/review accidently.

Whilst the Kindle is desined to be virtually indestructable, the addition of a quality cover like this is just another layer of protection that should keep your Kindle in fantastic nick.

Well worth the money.
on 29 November 2011
If you're undecided about buying this cover, take the plunge and buy one! It is superb quality, and will give your Kindle a "real book" feel. The leather smells gorgeous and adds to the pleasure of digital reading. My Kindle cover makes me feel like I'm enjoying a luxury every time I use the Kindle. From a practical point of view it definitely protects the Kindle, and I like the leather strap which closes it. It's the first time I've ever bought a specially made cover for an electronic product but it won't be the last. The red colour is quite subtle which adds to the luxury feel. I found it slightly tricky at first attaching the Kindle to the cover, and the instructions could have been directed more at the total novice. But once attached it has made me the happiest Kindle convert.
on 6 June 2011
Boyfriend brought me a Kindle even though I fought technology (so not like me) as I love the feel of a book when Im reading. However! love the Kindle now its here!! and to keep me happy he brought the Burgandy Red Leather cover, Red as its my favourite colour, leather as it has a nice quality book feel, once the kindles in there you can hold it as you would a book, so hes met me more than half way... the kindle is worth the money as download books are cheaper and in your kindle in less than a minute, no more lost in post problems! The cover, looks nice, feels nice, and protects from knocks bumps and scratches. Very well made, kindle locks into it so wont fall out and looks like a quality cover. Well worth the money.!!
on 19 June 2017
Love this case, it's a good quality, nice colour and I've had this for a long time now and it still looks brand new. It's protected my kindle very well.
on 9 April 2017
Replaced a non Amazon case. Much better than the old one
on 9 February 2016
Excellent buy had it for years already and still looks new would definitely recommend