Customer reviews

on 9 June 2017
Great Value
on 20 April 2013
I rented this game and found it to be fairly unenjoyable. The game lacks polish and has a lot of repetitiveness in the missions. Reoccurring voice samples occur too often, with not enough variety in what is being said. The 3D effect is okay; the car you are driving on the road stands out decently enough. Overall it feels like a rushed product, an afterthought to its console companions and as such, I cannot recommend buying this game or even recommend renting it.
on 12 July 2013
Well this game is ok. As a fan of the first two diver games on the ps1 I can say though it not awful bad its ok if you get is cheap.

The game control's nice and the soundtrack haves some good songs on it. I dont know how the 3d is on it as I never use it but it's looks good without it anyway. It have over 50 cars to unlock so you can do stuff in them I reckon.

The bad thing is that the main story on the game is really short. It only takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete that. Another thing that is about this game that I felt that is bad is the one liners that the main character said in the main game. I think i must of herd him say the same line over the course OF one level as least 10 to 20 times.

I say only get this get cheap if you want this. I got it for £5 so I cant say that I was sad that it was a short game but I can see why people say dont waste your money on this.
on 27 February 2012
Thought I had better offer another review for this game since (at the time of writing) 2 out of 3 reviews were positive!

This game is incredibly short, the missions are very repetitive, the physics of the driving is average at best and the city you are driving in is dull, bland and lifeless.

The 3D effect is also used very poorly, driving feels strange in 3D (as opposed to Mario Kart 7 where I always play with the 3D effect turned on), and cheap tricks like cardboard boxes smashing and flying towards the screen are common.

I was a huge fan of Driver on PS1 and I even enjoyed Driv3r on PS2 but this game does not deserve to be part of the same series. I bought it at release and it was a huge waste of £35. For a free-roaming driving game for your 3DS you would still be better off buying GRAND THEFT AUTO: CHINATOWN WARS NINTENDO DS GAME for the old DS!
on 4 September 2011
this game is really short.but i found the game to be fun despite the lack of content.also there are some missions that seemed to be passable by letting a bunch of cars crash into you while you just stay still.the game feels unfinished.the city feels lifeless.the cars handling is a lot of fun.i completed the story mode in 2hrs on easy.i started the game on hard but found my car exploded much to easily making the game frustriaghting and cheap.i traded my copy in the same day i brought it. if you can rent it for a night i think that is the way to go if you must play this game .
55 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2014
You're average run of the mill racing game. It gets a bit tiresome after a while. Missions are ok. Got it cheap so can't really complain :-)
on 10 January 2015
Load of rubbish. Menus not easy to understand nor is the purpose of the game. Probably better suited to device with more control than a DS.
on 6 September 2011
Lets get this out the way, the story is only about 2hr's long, the career maybe doubles that, and all together they might only be about 7-8 hrs of content in this game...but your be happy to replay it! Portal was only a few hours long may I remind you!

The graphics are great, some slight pop-up is noticeable, but the city really shows off the power of the 3ds, in full 3d looking far better than a gta city on the psp. The story is great fun while it lasts, lots of variation with an added mission (career) mode to back it up. The soundtrack is about 25+ tracks, and it's fully voice acted, which is nice.

Overall, I would say a must rent, or buy when under £20, as while a little on the short side, it's very enjoyable! And for those looking for a more serious, longer racing game, I've heard good things about ridge racer 3d.
on 27 July 2014
Watered down storyline and repetitive gameplay. Driving is a bit too arcade. Good for a few hours but gets boring quickly.
on 1 March 2014
Its boring my daughter didnt like it ..it was her 1st driver game its put her off other racing games