on 28 February 2016
I had a craving for Rayman 2 a few weeks ago and got the PC version, but I couldn't really settle to play it and just couldn't get on with the controls as well as I did when I was younger. I wanted something to play on my 3DS whilst I was visiting somewhere and I'd initially been put off by this version by the wonky reviews at the 3DS launch period.

But honestly, I think this is a fantastic port of the game. It's based on the Dreamcast version and looks absolutely gorgeous. The colours are lovely and the 3D effect is surprisingly good; there's a lot of ghosting but if you get it at the perfect angle it's just so beautiful. My only issue is that the frame rate can get a bit jittery at times but after a while you sort of ignore it. Controls are fine.

The game itself is a wonderful platformer that still stands the test of time, though it's a little on the easy side with a few frustrating exclusions. Although it's been out for well over a decade I think it still holds its own against the console's Mario games.
on 24 April 2011
As I owned Rayman 2 on the Sega Dreamcast , when i found out about this i just had to get it. I am pleased to say this is a very good reworking of the game and the 3D really adds to the feel of the game !! When played with the 3d slider about half way i can play this for long periods without getting a headache. It is when you try to play the game on full 3d for too long that it can cause problems but that is the same for all games . It is still a great game with good graphics with the 3d turned off. The conrols are very responsive ( i love the thump stick on the 3ds as it is so easy to use and so responsive) . The game runs at a very good frame rate so far but am only a bit into it so can't say if theres any issues later . The sound in the game is very clear and i love hearing the caracters talk in their language . Overall this is an enjoyable game that will give many hours of fun !!!
on 1 March 2014
I really enjoyed playing Rayman 2, so decided to buy this game for a little nostalgia. For some fans of the original rayman 2, this might be perfect, but I feel slightly cheated by Ubisoft - this is exactly the same as the original. It feels like Ubisoft have spent minimum effort on putting this game onto the 3DS; the 3D effects are very disappointing (its very blurry), the camera is just as annoying and the music isn't of great quality. I hoped that Ubisoft would add in extra features, like new bonus levels, cutscenes, or utilising the streetpass feature - but nothing like that has been added.
The game itself has always been good; its easy to play, has a simple story and is good fun. However, I feel like Ubisoft are just milking the game dry until they can no longer make any money. Its a shame, because they missed a good opportunity to remaster it!
on 8 March 2016
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, and Nintendo have been mercilessly exploiting this for over a decade. But if you've played the Dreamcast version, then I would recommend that you DO NOT PLAY THIS. It's such a shamelessly poor port. Just avoid it as there are far better games vying for your attention and money.
on 8 December 2016
Game came through yesterday and it is exactly what I was hoping for. The seller is nice and the game is perfect. Shipped all the way from Europe to Asia!
Playing it right now and the 3D is great, and it is more than what I remember from the ps2 version. Highly recommend for both those that havent played it before, and those that want a bit of nostalgia.
on 8 January 2018
Great game!
on 5 October 2017
There is NO speech in this, u can hear like spoken gibberish, but overall the game in 3D has some great effects and sends u quite trippy on some levels, the gameplay is just like the original, also the map has changed compared to the ps1 version i played.
on 13 March 2014
Its not quite how I remembered it back in the day but what can I honestly remember? Haha.
Story is weak, my 3DS XL system speakers struggle to play the sounds properly (sometimes).

Can't say I would reccomend but I won't go as var as to say don't buy it.
on 20 February 2014
I bought Rayman DS and Rayman 3D (both which are Rayman 2 ports)
I compared them, and not only are the graphics in Rayman 3D so much better, the mechanics and gameplay run so much smoother and it makes the game a more enjoyable experience.

I miss these old Rayman games. We need Classic Rayman, Rayman M and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc to be ported onto the 3DS.
on 10 April 2013
THIS WAS GIVEN AS A PRESENT AND THE FEEDBACK WAS TO GIVE IT 4.5 STARS ! IT HAS PROVIDED A GOOD CHALLENGE, FOR SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE MARIO PLATFORM GAMES, AND IS NOW STUCK ON A PARTICULAR SECTION. SO THIS GIVES IT A GOOD SHELF LIFE.