Customer reviews

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 24 April 2017
I'm not a RayCharles fan, especially, (although I certainly respect the talent he had), and I mainly bought this film, because it was going for such a bargain price, and I'm a film fan, so thought I'd give it a go. I was gripped by this film from start to finish, must surely be one of the best music biopics ever made, I really enjoyed it.
on 27 December 2012
Thorouhly entertaining from start to finish this incredible story of a musical genius, fighting his demons and standing tall in the face of adversity. Everything is brillant about this movie; Fox's acting, the screenplay and not to forget the music.
Let it be known that this Ray Limited Edition Digibook(Blu-ray) is a must for any Ray fan/collector worth his salt, with its outstanding presentation which comes in a smooth black hardcover book with satinated paper pages filled with text and illustrations. Superb value and ideal for a Christmas present. I wish we could get more of this...more often.Ray - Limited Edition Digibook [Blu-ray] [2004]
on 24 September 2011
This blu ray version is, to my eyes, absolutely fantastic on a large screen. The DTS Master encoded sound is really punchy and vibrant and a pleasure to listen to.
The extras are filled with interesting and useful bits of info about the man himself. Also included in the extra's are full length performances of about 9 music tracks although the sound quality on those tracks seemed to fall off for some reason. Maybe the recording levels were much lower but those tracks lacked something. I'm so pleased they included the full performance version of ''What type of man are you''

Needless to say the acting was superior and heart felt.

I don't suppose that a DVD can serve as an accurate or significant biography of his life but this DVD has certainly given me a glimpse into Ray Charles' remarkable life.

Highly recommended!
on 11 October 2011
This true story proves that believing can come without seeing, excellent story about overcoming adversities. Mum loved it, especially as she is a fan of Ray Charles and it had the real artist in concert too. Excellent choice, would encourage any fan of Ray Charles or Jaimie Foxx to invest in this DVD.
on 27 April 2017
Very good
on 17 May 2015
great
on 24 March 2015
Film
on 24 December 2009
Two great movies in a bargain box. I have been a fan of Ray Charles for many years and this product reinforces why I like him.
on 1 September 2012
I love Ray Charles's music anyway & one day whilst watching TV, I saw this movie & thought I'd give it a go.
I've seen most...the Tina Turner story, Beach Boys, Princes' Purple Rain etc.

I've got to say that this is probably one of the best real story movies I've ever seen.
Jamie Foxx worked very hard to both learn & portray Ray & I believe it pulled it off.
A very emotional & moving story of the life of Ray Charles from childhood (1930) all the way to his death in (2004)
His childhood, the death of his sibling, the loss of his sight, his music start in life, his addition to what they describe as 'The Junk'....this movie has it all.
The music scores are mixed with Jamie Foxx & Ray himself which makes it more authentic I think...
A top class movie & I purchased both copies.
I also purchased the tribute to Ray Charles DVD as well.
2 perfcet DVD's for both your collection & all Ray Charles fans!
on 12 February 2015