on 16 February 2017
Fav album
on 6 March 2017
I don't like everything on this album but there's enough on it to keep me listening.
on 21 January 2017
One of my best albums. Diverse and we'll produced.
This is their best one
on 12 June 2017
Excellent For Choice, Service and most impressive Delivery speed. Many thanks,Sincerely Peter Collins.
on 25 November 2016
Love it
on 9 June 2012
I waited for "No more Idols" with much anticipation and from the first track through to the last, I played it again, again, and again until I didn't know which track was first or last! The album is so innovative, an almost game-changing piece of production that is my definite choice for album of the year 2011. My reviews of each song:

1. No more Problems - 7/10, love the opening but than is a little too fast-paced where i start suffering to keep up.
2. Fire in your Eyes - 8/10 - You can feel the album coming to the boil.
3. Let you Go - 9.5/10 - The music video is what really makes this song. Lyrics are incredible too.
4. Blind Faith 10/10 - The standout song of 2011 and a reminder of the warehouse-garage scene of the 90's.
5. Fool Yourself - 8/10 - Deep, soulful, electric. Plan B and Chase and Status are a match made in heaven.
6 Hypest Hype - 8/10 - A more bouncy song by C&S, again that has you jumping up and down during the build-up.
7 Hitz - 10/10 - Gives you an almost Pineapple Express vibe. Tinie Tempah, steps into the role perfectly.
8 Heavy - 8.5/10 - You want find a tune with bigger bass all year.
9 Brixton Briefcase - 7/10 - Not one of my favorites. Just don't like Cee-Lo Green.
10 Hocus Pocus - 7/10 - I really want to know what they were smoking when this went into production. Because i want some!
11 Flashing Lights - 9/10 - Just close your eyes and see your whole life flashing right before your eyes!
12 Embrace - 10/10 - Along with Blind Faith, the best song(s) of the album. A shift from C&S. For god's sake it was even used in Gossip Girl to perfection!
13 Time - 10/10 - The album is coming to a close, but you just don't want it to end. Delilah's tone of voice goes perfectly with the backing breakbeat.
14 Midnight Caller 8.5/10 - Tranquile.
15 End Credits - I0/10 - The first single of No more Idols and the best way to finish the album.
on 9 May 2016
As an old skool rave-head, I never quite got the Dubstep fever. I recognise, as with rave before it, new-age before that, punk, minimalist etc, that it's not aimed at my (rave)generation, but several generations younger than me, which is an awful place for an electronic music fan to find himself in.

I tried; I failed.

Lucky for me I found these chaps and their dark, hard, sometimes funny, always entertaining dubstep-influenced electro grime rave choons. I guess at this point, with no more physical music shops left to carefully place albums into genre for us, all we can do it look to the music itself, and this is damn good music wherever it comes from. Taking it's cue from Dubstep, adding a little bit of grimey rave, and a lot of drum n' Bass Amen Breaks,"No More Idols" feels like a genre travelogue.

That it hangs together is testament to the production and sequencing skills of the titular duo. Though their collaborations never really over-step the line beyond "Urban" vocalists such as Plan B, Tempa T, good oul' Dizzee Rascal and - on one of my personal favourite pieces "Brixton Briefcase" - Ceelo Green, the boys make a virtue of these vocalists additions through their sequencing - placing blistering opener "No Problem" right next to the soulful "Fire in your Eyes" and onwards.

This is a complete album filled with dark wit, cave-deep bass, stabbing synths, and thrilling percussion. My own personal recommendation comes from close to the end, Delilah collaboration "Time;" an alternately tear-jerkingly slow and fiercely angry piece.

I'm liking that as I scan some of the other reviews I can see chaps and chapettes my age and older digging this soundtrack to someone else's youth. Whatever, this is great electronic music.
on 17 March 2011
As someone getting on in years (stopped counting at 40), I wouldn't have expected to find myself buying, let alone reviewing this. But, I bought it and like it so much that I've bought tour tickets. Now I need to find out if there's anyone I know who's still up for this sort of night out... I don't know my D&B from my Elbow, but in my head, this is a great album to bounce about in an embarrassing fashion to.
11 Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 August 2011
The best tracks on this album are just outstanding. Its classic Rave music with a Banging
Edge. It gets a bit hardcore in the middle, but its balanced by some 'sweet' harmonious tracks. You'll love it, if you like: dance, dubstep, hardcore, old Drum and Bass, all mixed with some punk attitude.
on 20 February 2011
this album has been stuck on repeat since it arrived through my postbox.

i am falling in love with it more and more with every listen.

an amazing combination of tracks: i jumped around and danced to some and chilled and got goosebumps with others.

favourite tracks would have to be "flashing lights", "time", "midnight caller" (with the beautiful clare maguire) and of course, massive single "blind faith" although there is not one track that i dislike or skip past.

i don't usually take the time to do things like this but i cannot recommend this enough.

5 stars!