on 13 January 2014
The ram works great and was really easy to install into the mobo. my pc is running games at a quick speed and although im not testing them too much by running a lot at the same time it easly handles my gaming usage, happy to reccomend.
on 19 May 2013
This RAM has been in my pc since January 2012 and it hasn't missed a beat. Quick and reliable, overall I'm very pleased with it.
on 14 February 2012
What you get in the box is simply 2 sticks of very good value, performance DDR3 RAM. Documentation is a bit basic, but I guess it's expected that you know what you're doing if you're buying such items. The memory replaced some older, unbranded RAM, and I have noticed an improvement, both in image processing, video editing and gaming. While this isn't real high-end kit, that isn't what the product is marketed as, and I assure you, from my experience with computers - this memory is very good value for the price.

The metal finishing on either side of the memory modules act as a cooling fin, which opens up some headroom for overclocking. Personally, I was happy with the RAM as it was, and therefore I can't comment on the overclocking headroom.

Overall, I recommend this RAM if you're a pretty frequent user, but unable to justify the massive price tag for high-performance memory.
on 5 January 2012
Good and reliable memory sticks, a steal at 33 pounds. Love the heatsink, you will too ... Been a kingston customer all my life.
on 21 March 2012
I bought this to work with an i7 2600k and Asus P8Z68-PRO. It's been fine ever since, can't complain at all. I have bought 16GB in total and it's been fine ever since. It doesn't have heatsinks like some high performance memory, but I didn't run into overheating problems since the purchase a few months ago. I can honestly recommend.
on 15 March 2013
As a pair of ram sticks these are the proverbial dogs genitals. when combined with the right parts these sticks can make a universe of difference. Best used with a high end gaming mobo so you can reach the full stated clock speed. I have been using them for the past year at 1333mhz and have never had a single problem. When they are clocked at 1600mhz or higher they are amazingly fast but do require a lot power. i would be runing these at high clock speeds but imy psu cant handle the strain + i dont of the right power socket to take full advantage of my mobos oc capability :P

as far as the cooling fins go i dont know how well they work as i have never pushes these sticks higher than 1800mhz for more than a few seconds. i assume the fins work well as the ram is always ice cold, but cant verify to the amount of cooling available in my pc.....

so if you are making a custom build and need low profile hard core ram, these are the bad boys you want!
on 6 July 2013
Does exactly what is expected. Good speeds and offers a great boost from 4GB of memory. The heatsinks on the modules aren't large, but I haven't encountered any overheating issues, and this in turn allows me to install an aftermarket heatsink/fan combination (whereas some RAM heatsinks are too large for a fan to be seated in that direction). I've not had any issues with any of the modules being unstable either.

RAM overclocking/greater speeds has a negligible effect on real world performance and therefore 1600MHz RAM is more than fit for any purpose. Overall a great purchase for the money, and highly recommended.
on 25 May 2013
I got these because they were the cheapest option and these are great, I got 4x4gb in my sabertooth 990fx gen 3 with my 8350 and they run reasonable warm during heavy use. They are built solid, look great and get the job done. I prefer these over corsair vengeance. I ran memtestx86 and found a few errors on test 6... Looking it up, turns out that's very common with these and is to do with their compatibility with memtest. They run fine and never blue screened me, etc. before.
on 27 January 2013
I already owned one kit of this ram and wanted to upgrade to 16gb total. I've owned the orginal kit for almost a year and It has been running great with my 2500k and Asus P8Z68-v pro/gen3. They also don't have huge heatsink so they fit well with my Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler.
on 11 June 2013
Ordered these as part of a new build. They look fantastic! They're being used with a sabertooth z77, windows home prem 64bit and a samsung 840 pro. Currently booting into windows in 6 seconds. Rapid. Hitting 7.7 in windows but not yet pushed to higher performance.