on 11 April 2017
Really durable. Fits my New 3ds just fine. Storage inside for 3 games, not sure why its got to slots though for two spare styluses, I've never lost the first one I've had and how many does someone need, could have been used for more games.
on 25 March 2011
Not too much to write about this to be honest: it's just a case! But I'll do my best to make it comprehensive.

Starting with the inside - there's two compartments separated with a simple fuzzy flap. One is big and you put the 3DS in it, the other is just for two styluses (styli?) and three games, with what looks like space for three more on the flap itself, making a total of six.

As described, the case seems sturdy and will likely do its job just fine. I have had official Nintendo cases for well over 10 years - basically one for every console since the Game Boy Color - and they have all been perfect in keeping the consoles safe from bumps and scuffles with nature.

So why four stars? It's simple. The design on the outside - yes, the one you see in the picture - is not, as it seems, a nice smooth plastic image. All the lines you see are actually indents in a ~5mm plastic block that is attached to the case - they look like tram lines in a road. I do not like the design as much as I did looking at the picture.

However, it's a case, not a catwalk model. I'll use it, and I'll probably grow to love it. It'll do the job, and as I got it with my 3DS for a fiver, I still consider it a great bargain.
33 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2015
Cool.my son loves it. Not much to say really. Robust.
on 6 March 2017
Room for several games and pens. Sturdy casing.
on 3 April 2011
I got this case on release day and I really wish I could have tried it first! The case looks lovely on the outside and looks really tough, the design on the front is quite a thick rubbery material that looks like it could take a bump or two and feels really sturdy.

This all changes when you open the case. As others have said when you place the 3DS in its case, there is about a 1cm gap at the sides so even when the case is shut it slides around inside. It would be easy to fix with a bit of extra padding.

Overall, I think its a good case if your just going to stick it in a drawer but if your going to be sticking it in a bag, you might want to go for something that will hold the 3DS in place properly.
on 29 March 2011
This product is excellent. I knew I could count on nintendo. It has room for 2 styluses and 6 games. The only problem about this case is that it seems that there is more padding for the game and styluses than the actual 3ds.
Overall, I would say one of the nicest looking and best cases I've had.
on 14 July 2015
I was looking for a 'New 3DS' case and considered a few options. This one, due to being fully enclosed by the zip, and offering storage for 6 cartridges, seemed like the best balance between size, practicality and security. And of course, price.

It won't win any prizes for aesthetics, but that's not what I've bought it for.

It holds my 'New 3DS' snugly. There's no debate over whether it fits or not - it does, but there's not much room to pick it up out of its snug fit, so instead I just allow the 3DS to fall out into my hand when removing it.

If you're not going to store any cartridges in it (not sure who wouldn't want to use the storage) then there's a bit of space in the case when it's closed, but it doesn't feel like the 3DS would rattle about inside.

With 6 cartridges inside the whole thing, when closed, feels snug and secure.

In addition to the 3DS and 6 cartridges, I've found I can get in the Venom usb charging cable too. It's not a clean process and it does leave the case looking a bit lumpy, but it's worth it if you want to make sure you've got your charging lead with you. You won't get a 3-pin plug in there though.

I've only just bought this so can't comment on its durability and user experience over time, but am not disappointed so far and would recommend it to anyone who has priorities similar to mine.
on 29 January 2013
This is really substantial and really good quality. The down side is that there is no strap to keep your ds in place. So if you're not careful and open the case you could end up with it simply dropping out and getting damaged! Just seems a really silly design oversight. In order to keep my seven year olds ds safe I have had to use an elastic band to keep the ds in place when the case is opened. Was disappointed, it's not ideal but he needed a case to take his ds out in, hence not returning this one, as didn't have time to get another.
on 2 October 2013
Has good storage for DS cartridges, and is a solid case to protect your device when you're travelling. If I was being critical the style of the case isn't the sleakest, but that's just a minor point really.
on 29 March 2011
A good strong sturdy case very well made, with some padding. PowerA have got a good reputation.
Will protect the 3DS very well. Neat and not too bulky.
It will fit within another bag (handbag, backpack) easily, so 'Nintendo 3ds' appearing on the front is not a problem for me personally (as another reviewer said, it does advertise what you are carrying, albeit fairly discretely). If you wanted to carry 'as is', I can't see anyway of attaching a wrist strap apart from the zip tag.