Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.89

on 4 June 2011
Can't fault this one on any level really - Barbara's a talented performer with a great voice (seems like she's been around forever), all her best known numbers are on here ('January, February', 'Answer Me', 'Another Suitcase' etc) along with a few lesser known gems (e.g her live take on U2's 'Pride/In the Name of Love) and best of all you get 36 songs/2 CDs for the princely sum of 4 quid! A bargain in anybody's book, so if you want a compilation of all her best material at a wallet-friendly price, give it a spin.
on 2 December 2014
If you're only going to get one Barbara Dickson album, this one will do. There are lots of tracks, but I could have wished to see 'Caravan Song' in there, and the numbers from JC Superstar and Evita - though in those last cases their inclusion might have been too expensive for a bargain basement CD.
on 9 May 2015
Barbara Dickson has always been a one of my best liked singers, I considered her superior to Elaine Page. This disc is to replace a very old and worn tape of some twenty years. I will admit that I have been selective with this album and have only used 15 tracks. It was cheaper to use the Amazon MP3 download system than to buy each track individually. (Thank you Amazon!!)
on 7 July 2011
This 2 CD compilation, which includes many of Barbara Dickson's oldies but goodies, also has several unfamiliar to me. This is a great 2 CD set but would be worth buying just for "The Times They Are A-Changing" with Gerry Rafferty - brilliant version.
on 30 January 2016
Barbara Dickson has one of the most gorgeous voices ever. I have loved her since her Scottish Folk days and there are plenty of great oldies on this CD. Although I prefer her early, more organic Folk songs than the covers she did during the 80s, there are still some terrific tracks on here. Another star would have been added if 'Caravan Song', 'Run Like The Wind' and 'Surrender To The Sun' were included. These are three of Barbara's most beautiful songs, her voice sends shivers down my spine, I can't understand why they were left off this otherwise perfect collection.
on 26 February 2014
What can one say about this singer.
I only wish there were more like her today.
Her voice is excellent and her diction perfect.
The Skye Boat song is beautiful
on 5 October 2015
Barbara is the essence of 'easy listening'. Good variation of melodies suitable for all tastes and moods. A very pleasing product and glad to have it in my collection.
on 25 May 2015
Not a very good quality recording of this wonderful singer. I felt that it was all very flat and lacking in depth and tone.
on 9 May 2011
I hadnt heard Barbara Dickson for years and bought this cd as a bit of nostalgia. She was as good as I remembered. All the songs I knew and really liked. Try it.
on 25 April 2016
Very cheap cd however wasn't what I was expecting music wise... Not amazons fault!! Just not my taste of music. Played all ok though, no scratches and box in good condition.