on 7 August 2014
I have tried various strings on my flamenco guitar - Daddario EJ45, Hannabach and Tomatito which all gave a sound that I liked and sounded good whether playing classical or flamenco music. I thought I'd give these a try and the difference in tone has been amazing. The guitar now really sounds like a flamenco guitar, with plenty of "attack", but the downside is that it doesn't sound as good when playing classical pieces. I appreciate that every guitar is different and it may just be the effect on my guitar which may not be the same as someone else's.
As other reviewers have said, they do need breaking in but for me it's worth it.
And for the classical pieces - maybe it's a reason to buy another guitar ......
on 7 September 2014
Simply amazing strings. They look fantastic on my flamenco guitar. The feel and sound is amazing, I think they will last a long, long time.
on 22 October 2015
A great product at a good price delivered quickly. Thankyou.
on 2 August 2015
Great sounding and feeling strings for use on my flamenco guitar.
on 5 December 2014
Great Strings! What more can I say?
on 31 October 2014
Very good strings.
on 2 February 2015
Very good strings
on 22 July 2017
The bottom E, A and D strings give very sharp, penetrating noises, however I find that the top 3 treble strings are slightly underpowered and don't give off the bright sound that the bass notes do. Also, even after using these strings for over a month I'm finding that they still go out of tune quite frequently, more so than other strings. Other than that, would definitely recommend.
on 18 January 2014
I play Spanish Classical and 'Cafe Flamenco' in a Tapas bar in Southampton and since fitting these new D'Addario Flamenco strings have had even more compliments and thi8s time to do with the clarity and projection of the sound and that is unamplified.
I have always used D'Addario Classical guitar strings in the past but will stick with these. The black treble strings are also a good talking point.
on 1 April 2016
Although an amateur l did not like them , sounded quite dead on my guitar, back to pro art standard.