on 10 February 2013
As I have a young niece living in Australia, I wanted to send her a gift that will remind her of her family in UK. This recordable book is ideal as it allowed us to record our voices for her. Hopefully it will help her to remember us. Easy to use, however, when recording, make sure that the book is directly under a light as it will not work without it. Recommended. Great gift.
on 8 December 2012
I love this, I brought it for my nephew when he had to go away to live in Australia and we read it together before he left so has both our voices on it. My only criticism would be that the recordable time for each page isn't very long, just about enough to squeeze in the text if you read it quickly. I think with a bit more time for each page, you could make it more meaningful for the child with special messages etc. Also, its very heavy and large which could be an issue when travelling.
on 18 March 2014
I bought this for my goddaughter's first birthday as me and my husband would be travelling away for a year and we wanted to find some way of being 'around' even when we were overseas. Although nerve-wracking to record and a bit cringey to play back (do I really sound like that?!) the process was well set out and easy to follow, and it's good that the recording is protected by a series of safeguards. The best thing is that she loves the book and it's one of her favourites, according to her parents.

My only complaint would be that it's not made clear that the recording is protected - I've only just found out that her mother was constantly worried about her pressing the button at the front and deleting or recording over it, which isn't actually an issue. Maybe a little note to mums / dads / carers on the plastic box would help to ease these worries.
on 15 January 2012
All I can say is that my granddaughter loves this,one of the most loved children's stories, well made, no sharp edges, excellent voice quality, great pictures, again Amazon deliver through Prime next day, one of the best companies out there, this is a nice product that my granddaughter will keep forever, tip. When you record your own voice, start with date and time, so that in years to come your grandchild, child, can reflect back....
on 15 November 2012
Living in UK and my grand-daughter in Zimbabwe, this is the next best thing to Granny reading her a story. Apparently she loves it, it's read about 100 times a day and went to show and tell at school. I love knowing that there is at least the sound of a voice to make granny real to her.
on 9 December 2013
A sweet little story all about creatures going to sleep under the star -- but, how can this bedtime story be used when it only works in bright light??
on 12 December 2011
I bought this book to send from the UK to my nephew in New Zealand - such a nice idea that he will hear my voice and get to know/ remember me when I live so far away. The book was easy enough to use, just a bit tricky to record if the books sensors weren't lined up with the light. I cant wait till he opens it on christmas day. Not a present you see every day!
on 23 April 2012
I have purchased 2 of these books for each of my Grandaughters. The one over in Australia I have told the story, the other in Northants I thought I would leave it for my daughter to read it to her.
on 29 June 2013
At her parents' suggestion, we bought this for the daughter of friends as a Christening Present. It was easy to record ourselves reading the text and we're told that she enjoys listening to it.
on 24 December 2012
Excellent shopping, perfect timing and conditions!
Very good service and packaging!
Just what I wanted!! A great gift since this is the goodnight song to my daughter!