on 22 December 2017
I purchased this in March 2014. I was using the drive as a secondary storage for my files, so It wasn't being used too frequently. In December 2017 it started to give me Input/Output errors, and stopped me accessing my data. I investigated, and replaced the PSU and the SATA cables, but it still gave me I/O errors. I'd say the drive is almost dead after 3 years of light usage.

My main filesystem HDD has lasted over 10 years of continual usage. Is 3 years the new norm for HDD lifespan? I'm not impressed.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 June 2015
I bought 2 of this hard disk drive. They are a bit noisy. I hope this not affect the lifespan.
They can get hotter than the Seagate 2TB ones. Maybe because the 7200RPM speed.
No problems so far.
on 18 October 2017
works and that is what it should do.
on 10 July 2012
Western Digital and Seagate are renowned for the best HDD out there, and this surpasses my expectations! Strong build no flex at all, comes in an anti-static bag, fits a 3.5 bay with 8 I think screw holes. Brilliant, no problems.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2014
installed and still wiring as far as i know, it was for a job and the customer has not reported any problems as yet.
on 6 February 2017
very good
on 27 May 2014
Arrived quickly, installed easily but it took me a while to remember that I had to format it before Explorer would see it.
on 30 May 2013
Excellent product. I would definitely buy it again when the time arises. I would also tell my friends about it
on 7 December 2017
All working fine here!
on 27 February 2016
Easy to use, plenty of storage. Glad I bought it.