on 3 August 2011
What a shocker this lttle phone is - wow
I was looking for a phone for my wife with DNLA and wi-fi and the added benefit of a decent make,without the cost. ,
The google phones these days seem to be all the same -bit faster,lighter and more expensive.
For a upgrade from HTC Wildfire S its a winner ,well done LG

A great quality phone with great battery life and a none hot hand experience like some smart phones
on 12 December 2011
This is the first LG I've owned; not because I've never wanted one, but friends of mine put me off them a few years back, saying they were unreliable. I needed something cheap to replace my HTC Wildfire S which had such a shockingly small amount of internal memory, it was barely a smartphone. I tried out the HTC Mozart for a few days but the UI made me feel claustrophobic... I wanted something than ran Android but had a reasonable portion of memory and a 1Ghz processor would be a bonus.

Enter LG Optimus Black...

I hadn't realised that LG made Android smartphones... I'd only been looking for HTCs, Samsungs, ZTEs and Motorolas. But boy was I impressed when I tried this phone out!

The first two things that I noticed, and everyone else that sees it, is how thin and light it is. Thinner and lighter than an iPhone 4, although more plasticky.

Next, the 1Ghz processor is plenty fast enough to handle Android 2.2 Froyo (Upgrade to Gingerbread and, later, Ice Cream Sandwich promised) and general use of the phone is very zippy. It very occasionally lags when I'm playing Fruit Ninja and it, for some bizarre reason, thinks it would be sensible to download an email at the same time.

The camera's good enough, although the type of flash that it has means that you can't use it as a torch- a feature that I grew to love on my HTC.

The one main issue I have with the phone is the contact management, it's just nowhere near as good as HTC Sense. For those of you who've never use HTC Sense, let me explain... you enter your Facebook details, it downloads your contacts and then it automatically links that Facebook contacts to those from your Google account or SIM card. On the LG, however, the linking of contacts is not automated... if you don't want multiple contacts for each person you know on your phone, you'll have to go through each one manually to link them. What a waste of time (which I why I've only done it on my most regularly used contacts), although I suspect there's an app that could be downloaded to save you this headache...

In summary, I'm so glad I came back to Android (what was I thinking, trying something else?!) and feel that the LG Optimus Black is a good incarnation of a fantastic operating system. Now that I know that LG make Android smartphones, and good ones at that, I'd consider getting another next time I upgrade. I'd thoroughly recommend this phone to anyone- unless you can afford a high-end HTC.
on 10 November 2011
This phone is amazing! It looks beautiful, works like an iphone AND the htc but the battery life is ridiculous! I had to keep carrying my charger EVERYWHERE!!! If you do not mind that then, please, by all means!!! It REALLY is an incredible phone...if it had a better batterY then...OH MY GOSH!!!
on 4 March 2013
This phone was bought for my son who had an htc xperia before which didnt last long. He absolutely loves it now and LG are now highly rated by him. Great buy good price very happy.
on 12 March 2015
Quick delivery and great quality