on 23 August 2015
This has changed my life and showed me how to regain power over my health my shape and my wellbeing. A short review couldn't possibly cover all of what HCG can open up for you. It's not the end point though. For me it was the beginning of getting into my body and mind to free it up to feel comfortable in my skin.
Stress poor diet genes hereditary and environmental causes lead to imbalance but mostly just not being in yourself enough to get why or what is changing.

You can and should only do it if you have the time and sense to fully research the product the supporting supplements and understand your weight blood type and mental wellbeing. It's all naturally interlinked and unless you approach this with a mature committed head you aren't going to feel and see all the benefits. It's far more then just loosing weight!
on 13 May 2014
This stuff is very good - and natural. Thank you for an excellent product. I can recommend it to anyone.
on 9 July 2017
This product works for me, I will recommend
on 4 July 2012
I am currently on day 19, and nearing the end of taking the spray, and am absoloutely delighted with the results so far:

I am 41, 5ft 5 and weighed 9.12 - which I know is not overweight at all, and would have been fine if not for the emergence of a big, flabby mid-section in the last couple of years, particularly my belly. It was very hard to shift, and I didn't want to do traditional dieting as I didn't want to lose fat from other areas, such as my bust - hence my interest in this diet, claiming to get rid of the "bad" unsightly fat instead.

Well 19 days later, I have lost 14 pounds - and most of it from that horrible belly. Each day, I couldn't believe my eyes as I noticed fat almost (sorry for the cliche) melting away. My face is slimmer and more youthful - the puffy, middle aged look that made my eyes disappear has gone. My collarbones have come back. My arms are slimmer and my bust is the same. I do not want to lose anymore, and am noticing that the weight loss is beginning to slow down and stall - which may have something to do with me reaching my personal "ideal weight?"

Yes it sounds almost too good to be true HOWEVER, this is not for everyone. It needs a lot of careful preparation, and the right equipment - digital scales for weighing your protein raw at each meal, physillium husks, vitamin C, lotions with no oils or fats in them other than mineral oil - you mustn't let your skin come into contact with products containing natural oils - which seems to be in everything. So beauty maintenance is kind of thrown out of the window.

After two or three days, it's quite easy to follow, as I got used to the routine, and I was also happy to see the cost of the sprays etc offset by how much I saved from grocery shopping

Basically you have to do your research before even thinking about beginning. You can read the Dr Simeon's original protocol Pounds and Inches which is free on the net, I found Leslie Kenton's book excellent, and followed hers which closely follows Dr Simeon's but is geared towards today's lifestyle and very informative.

I don't know if I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a demanding job and a long commute. There were days when I was very tired and drained - and I work from home, however I never felt hungry. Having said that, my sister followed the diet at the same time as me, and she experienced very strong cravings and hunger (she lost a total of 18 pounds).

I would definitely recommended to anyone who needs to shift stubborn fat, and is totally sick of it and sick of eating unhealthfully for any length of time and just wants to stop, but you need to follow the protocol to the letter.

Update 1: I have kept the weight off. Since finishing, I have had the odd day or two of eating a whole pizza or big plate of curry, but by and large I have changed the way I eat - I no longer crave sugar and keep processed foods to a minimum, and I only feel like eating when I am genuinely hungry. This programme has helped me change the way I eat and has also changed my life. Thank you Ms Kenton!

Update 2: Three months since the diet ended and my weight for the past two months has stabilised at 8.8 stones - a total weight loss of 18 pounds overall. I am very happy with this, and my husband jokes that I have the body of a 20 year old now (yeah right!) but I'm back to pre-baby weight although somewhat ironically I'd like to weigh a bit more, ideally 8.12 stones, which I am finding difficult without going on a huge junk food binge which I'm not prepared to do. I still eat healthily, but do have days of pasta with creamy sauces, or huge portions of chips, and curries (though I have cut right down on snacks desserts and biscuits, enjoying them once a week or so).

I really do believe that this diet has reset my metabolism - I rarely fluctuate beyond one or two pounds now. Highly recommended if you're prepared to experience the three weeks or so of very strict eating and yes, deprivation for all the wonderful benefits after.
22 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2016
The diet. Work it does. But Kenton simply cannot spare her readers the inevitable, tedious American popcorning i.e. expanding the simplest idea in thousands too many words.
Usually a person of great sensibleness, Kenton here over-eggs the pudding by many dozens.
Then we remember: puddings are off for weeks on end.
on 15 April 2014
Please dismiss all who say the spray is just alcohol and water. No process is perfect, neither is the manufacturing, bottling or transporting. If there appears that something isn't quite right, do not assume that the product is rubbish, just contact the seller and they will replace your product.

This spray MUST be used in conjunction with the book or the on-line Cura Romana program. IT WORKS. If you have weight loss stalls whilst following the protocol to the letter, please remember that FAT MOVES. It will move from your hips to somewhere where your body needs it either to be used as fuel buring the protocol either for after you finish the protocol. It moves it from an innaccessible sore to an accessible one. Even your wrinkles will get filled so do not worry.

THIS IS NOT A HORMONE!!! Never mess around taking hormones. This spray uses same neuro pathway and neuro centre as the HCG and has the same effect as the HCG but IS NOT a hormone.

One downside: once you identified foods you should not eat during consolidation, you do have to stop eating them. You cannot go back to your former way of earting. Do not undertake this protocol if you are not serious about giving up those favourite foods that caused you to put on weight (and never get it off) in the first place...

If you think that following the protocol is difficult, please re-consider-this is the easy part. Staying clean is!! I don't want to put anyone off because I don't believe there is anything like this out there but you do have to be serious about not only your weight but your health...
on 22 April 2014
The first two times I bought Cura Romana sprays to do the diet, I got them from Helios homeopathic pharmacy as I was put off by a couple of negative reviews here on Amazon about the quality amd taste of the spray. But this time, following a lot more recent postive reviews, I thought I'd give it a try from here and I am not disappointed - in fact I am sure it's the same product. The only disadvantage is that you have to buy two at a time here, whereas if you only need one, Helios will sell you just that, though will charge P&P on top. Note: Leslie Kenton tells you that you need two sprays per go, four times a day, but last time I did Cura Romana I discovered that I got exactly the same effects with just one spray - one pump instead of two I mean - under the tongue, in a clean mouth, and held for a few seconds before swallowing. After all, it's homeopathic, so less is more! As long as you get a good spray and contact under the tongue, one will achieve exactly the same results. I did my second Cura Romana protocol with only one bottle, which saved me £25. You will of course need more if you continue beyond the 3 1/2 weeks. If you are going to do this diet please note that you need to follow the protocol exactly and to the letter. I suspect that the few negative reviews for this product come from people who did not do so - it's easy to overlook something. Buy Leslie's book, follow the rules, it works like a dream. No hunger, rapid and safe weightloss, reshaping of your body and loss of those hard-to-shift wobbly bits. OK it's not well written nor laid out that well but it does contain all the information you need. Also read Dr Simeon's papers (the inventor of Cura Romana) online so that you understand the core principles. The only reason I am doing Cura Romana a third time is that after the second time I was unable to do the consolidation phase properly and after that I got cravings for the wrong things, then kind of gave up over winter, ate everything I shouldn't, and started putting the weight back on again. But I have never regained the weight lost from the first time around, and this time it's dropping again with ease - so far a steady 1lb a day (As a vegetarian and not very overweight in the first place, I never managed that quick a loss before). I expect to be at or close to my target weight after this go.
on 6 May 2016
ASA Ruling on Leslie Kenton

(...)
Response
on 10 October 2013
This comes up as HCG however it is not hCG spray but some crazy mix that has been prepared by this woman and it blatantly doesn't work! Waste of money!
on 2 August 2016
Firstly Cura Romana Spray is an extremely expensive placebo, it does not contain human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) nor is it homeopathic. Please read the following advertising standards agency ruling and see for yourself.

[...]

“1. Leslie Kenton said the Essential Spray used in the Cura Romana programme did not contain human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), and was physically nothing more than pure water and 25% ethanol. Leslie Kenton explained that Cura Romana was not a medicinal product or a homeopathic formula, but was a vibrational essence that had itself been energised by several non-material vibrational essences including well known gem essences: its ingredients were listed on the bottle and would be on their new website. Leslie Kenton said, at the time the website was developed two and half years ago the programme did make use of a homeopathic but that it no longer did; the website was in the process of being redeveloped and would be replaced by a new website.”
The diet itself does indeed work, I lost 14lbs in 19 days from eating 500kcal a day but it had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the spray, which I used as a placebo. I followed the diet and did not cheat or slip up. The only way I was able to do this diet was because I have been at home recovering from an eye operation. There is absolutely no way I could have done this if I had been working. The diet itself is absolutely horrific. Initial weight loss was undoubtedly my bowels clearing and water loss. After the 4th day my weight loss plateaued and I spent the next 15 days on ‘apple days’ every other day. Below are the pro’s and con’s of a very low fat diet. This has nothing to do with the water spray.

CON’s
• Extreme hunger all the time (even 15 minutes after eating)
• Unable to go about normal daily routing due to lack of energy
• Constantly thinking about food
• Exhaustion and fatigue
• Constipation (even with Physilium Husks)
• Low mood and dark thoughts
• Medically unsafe

PRO’s (from the 3rd week onwards)
• My skin was totally clear after the third week
• Sleeping better
• Not napping during the day
• Getting up in the morning with ease

Leslie Kenton is a shrewd & devious business woman; her book is repetitive, patronising and bulked up with needless fluff and fillers. She has made an absolute fortune from idiots like me. If you do want a detox and quick weight loss, follow the diet it works, but please remember the spray is nothing more than water and is 100% expensive placebo.