Customer reviews

Images (His First Three Albums)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 January 2014
WHEN I TALK TO LOTS OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE ABOUT THE LOVE OF MY LIFE --SINGER / SONGWRITERS I ALMOST INEVITABLY GET THE SAME RESPONSE ---OH YES ! WE KNOW AL STEWART : YEAR OF THE CAT ///RALPH McTELL : STREETS OF LONDON AND ///CHRIS DE BURGH :LADY IN RED.EVERY TIME IT MAKES ME WANT TO STICK MY HEAD IN A BUCKET AND SCREAM TO THE HIGH HEAVENS !!!!!!!
WHY ???? ALL THREE SUPERB ARTISTS HAVE RECORDED OTHER VASTLY SUPERIOR SONGS

AL STEWART HAS TWO EARLY BRILLIANT ALBUMS IN LOVE CHRONICLES AND ZERO SHE FLIES(BEFORE HE GOT INTO HIS HISTORICAL GENRE). THE STORYTELLING ABOUT 'LOVE' IN ITS VARIOUS GUISES ON THE FIRST AND THE MAGNIFICENT POETIC IMAGERY---EQUIVALENT TO DYLAN -------OF THE SECOND BORDER ON GENIUS
MY FAVOURITE AL STEWART TRACK -GETHSEMANE AGAIN HARDLY EVER GETS MENTIONED- YET IT IS OUTSTANDING POETRY WITH A GREAT TUNE.
IT WILL COST YOU A PITIFUL £6 TO FIND OUT THAT EVERY WORD I'M SAYING IS TRUE --BOTH OF THESE ALBUMS ARE IN THIS SET. MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN BASED ON GREAT MUSIC AND THIS IS ..............Images (His First Three Albums)
4 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 February 2013
I bought Love Chronicles when first released and it had to be specially ordered by the local record shop because it included THAT WORD! The LP completely blew me away, not only with its lyrical content, but the quality of the song writing and playing by such luminaries as Jimmy Page and Ashley Hutchings. The songs largely tell tales of human relationships, especially the epic title track and are evocative of the '60s and Play For Today. The production on Love Chronicles is quite simple compared with the other two here, which both employ orchestral arrangements. Unfortunately this is overdone somewhat on Bedsitter Images and goes astray in a number of places. But don't let that put you off, because this compilation is an utter bargain and well worth it for LC alone.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2017
Very puzzled why Al Stewart's early albums are not played, while Year of The Cat, when he had gone all poppy, is. This is a great treat for those looking to find the albums of their youth - like me! Cracking songwriting.
on 29 November 2013
I love Al Stewart's music and have enjoyed seeing him live on a couple of recent tours. I was not too familiar with the early stuff so bought this set and was not immediately impressed, finding it initially somewhat self indulgent. However it has been in my car for a few weeks now and has been played and listened to regularly which has greatly increased my appreciation of many of the tracks on the recording. Ishal be looking out for more.
on 28 September 2012
After having all these tracks on tape for many years I was glad to be able to replace them with a CD, my tapes where 35 years approx old, I am a greatlover of Al Stewart and I have a nice collection of his music, I would recommend this for such a good price not to be missed.
3 people found this helpful
on 24 July 2015
I would have preferred it if the three albums came on three CD's but the quality is good and it takes me back to "the halcyon days of my late adolescence".
One person found this helpful
on 30 January 2018
Great album
on 10 October 2017
first class
on 30 April 2017
If you expect YOTC or TP then you will be disappointed; nothing wrong with this material but it needed a good producer.
on 23 April 2016