on 8 March 2017
I love this camera because it is immediately able to use after you have moved down the protective front cover. I have several of them now because this model is no longer manufactured and whilst I have a bridge camera this is far easier to use when out walking the dogs.
on 4 October 2017
Very good camera
on 14 January 2013
This camera has the clever BSI (Back Side Illuminated) CMOS EXR sensor from the expensive and bulky new Fuji cameras such as the Fuji X10 and Fujifillm HS20 superzoom. Fujifilm's EXR Sensor Technology won the Digital Imaging Marketing Association (DIMA) award for Innovation Digital Product 2010 and to get this in an inexpensive truly pocket sized camera is great.

The camera pays back careful reading of the instructions - and may explain why some users have had trouble using it as a simple "point and shoot" ... yet others praise it - and hand out awards to it.

The highlight for me is the dual sensor mode where the camera takes 2 images at the same time from alternating sensors at 2 different sensitivities and combines them into one high dynamic range photograph in-camera. This is wonderful for outdoor high contrast pictures that are often failed by digital cameras. It also saves endless photoshop manipulation later and was the reason to buy it over other pocket cameras.

The touch screen controls seemed a gimmick to me - but now I have used the camera they are great and I am won over and it is very quick to switch between modes.

The pocket size comes from the folded-lens design. This limits the lens to F3.9 but gives a lot of protection too. This inherently means that this camera will never compete with SLRs and large sensor compact system cameras in sharpness for large blow-ups. However that misses the point - this camera is flat, pocketable and goes with you ..... and the same problem affects all small pocket cameras and if you dont accept that - buy a big camera! Trusted reviews gave it 7/10 at 200 GB pounds. In 2013 the cost reductions now make it seem a bargain.

Used indoors without flash it takes great pictures at up to 800 ISO before the images show much noise and deterioration and the motion panorama and HD video images are great bonus.
on 21 October 2016
 Perfect. I had to do a lot of research to find a decent camera to take to Morocco, as I didn't want to use my iPhone 5, due to space and quality. I really don't understand the negative reviews. I had no problem using this and the set up was rapid. The best feature for me, is the fact that you can automatically start filming and taking pictures as soon as you slide the front down, then stop when you slide it back up.

I took this everywhere and the pictures came out lovely. See for yourself. I purchased the silver one and was worried it wouldn't look to great, but the quality is so much nicer in person than on the internet. I bought a 64gb SD card and took so many pictures and videos, flawlessly.

If you want to take decent pictures, up close and distant, and don't want to do the whole David Bailey thing, then this is the one for you. Even though I don't use this in England, as I have upgraded my iPhone 5 to a 7, I will still take this little beauty on holiday with me, and use it for those lovely close ups. I purchased the handle separately, just for easier shots and recording. Worked a treat.

My first recording was my trip from the airport to the Hotel. I went to a Salsa Congress in Morocco. It was awesome, stayed at the Hotel Du Golf, if anyone is going, this Hotel is an absolute must! Learn some French though.

Sorry I couldn't be more in depth, I'm not an expert in photography. More of a 'where is the button' and press 😱. I know, bite me.

The seller was fantastic all the way through. They sent my camera to me special delivery WITHOUT the extra cost, because I was worried I would not receive it in time. I literally got it the next day! Now that's what I call service. Even the after care sales service was excellent. Responded to all my emails rapidly, every single time. Really can't fault these guys. I just wish I had left a review sooner. So sorry about that.
on 9 August 2011
I have read the review by K.Dhokia"K. Is it a review about the camera or on Web Traders. Every time you buy online you face a problem of return of faulty goods. He got his refund what more can he expect? This review has only made a good camera cheaper, how else can such a price difference for the same camera of £60+ be explained, just for a different colour?
I read the Photo Magazine reviews of this camera, all good, and decided to buy because of their opinions. I just wanted a pocket camera for digital stills and the odd video. It does the job and works like an iPhone in EXR mode. I give it 4 stars.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 October 2011
Great camera easy to use and excellent photos, battery life is a bit suspect my only problem!!! A great point and shot camera all the same.
on 26 August 2011
the price was excellent for 1080p video recording, panoramic mode, 5x Optical Zoom, nonprotruding lens, unexpectedly good low-light performance, hdmi-out, couldn't ask more for that price (155GBP), a worthy Point&Shoot camera. Highly recommended.
on 7 November 2011
I bought his camera after much forethought. I have had an Olympus for several years and it has given good service, but I needed a camera with better resolution. The pictures are fantastic for this neat little camera and with the card that I bought with it, I can take about 3,000 pictures, or use it as a video camera. It does seem strange not having a viewfinder at first, but you soon get used to it's large viewing screen. This is a great camera to carry for quick snaps. Delivery was good and no problems whatsoever.
on 12 August 2012
The camera is brilliant, even better than expected. The picture quality is amazing and the panorama setting takes incredible photos. Thank you.
on 31 January 2012
I think the camera is brilliant. Very sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. The HD video recording is great, quality is amazing on my flatscreen TV. Zoom is a little slow on it though, so choose your zoom before starting the clip. Pics are great in all lights and distances.

If your looking for an easy to use point and shoot that is compact. This is the camera for you.