on 26 August 2015
Brilliant bag!!
You can get so much in this bag and it has a handy front pocket for passports, wallets, paperwork, phones,ipad etc. Ideal for flying on economy travel operators e.g. easyjet/ryanair - as it is very soft it easily fits the measuring cage at the check in desk - see video link - Lyon is the bright turquoise bag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hK-vCrCj4Y.
Only down point is the handle is a bit wonky - having said that its easy to pull along and has shoulder straps if you wish to carry on your back. The handle on the top makes it easy to get into the luggage rack and the side straps mean you can squash down the bag if gets a bit bulky OR loosen them to add extra items such as your jacket
Going to get another!!
on 2 November 2012
Great bag would perfectly fit into rayanair or easy jet hand luggage restrictions, this is second one that I purchased, I travelled last month and had no problems with hand luggage size and I could fit all of my stuff for 5 days travel, very lightweight and great bargain comparing to other bags' prices! Highly recommended!
on 19 September 2011
I bought this bag because I liked the idea of having the choice between wearing it as a backpack and also having wheels. Just got back from my first trip with it and definitely liked having it. It's very light weight, fits a lot of items, and works great as both a backpack and on wheels. My only complaint is the quality of some of the materials - I already found a few small rips in the inner pockets and I wasn't rough with the bag - but the outside fabric / zippers seem sturdy enough. Other than that, very happy with my purchase!
on 8 May 2011
The handle on this bag protrudes and makes it too high to fit into the sizing cage at the airport. The measurements claimed do not reflect the actual size of the bag and it is no good for carry on purposes. It would have to go in the hold which is not what I wanted or expected. It is going back and I will get the soft back-pack version instead.
on 15 February 2012
Bought for my wife who wanted a lightweight but durable and versatile 'case' for a solo trip to London from the Midlands. She writes: "Excellent lightweight case as described. I wheeled it through snow and ice, on escalators and stairs, very maneuverable. Lots of 'pockets', but didn't take unnecessary space from the main compartment."
on 17 September 2015
The third one I have bought, now (almost) the whole family have one each. They fit the cabin baggage container for Ryanair and Jet2, and with careful packing, and a selective wardrobe, have plenty of room for one week away (two weeks plus if you are prepared to do some laundry). It is well made and we have had no problems with the fabric, zips or handle. I would definitely recommend.
on 26 March 2014
Over all this is a great bag for a short trip. Has plenty of space and a useful front pocket. The convertible aspects work well.

The only negative is that the rucksack straps are not the most comfortable in the world. It could do with a slightly different design, they're fine for short lengths of time but you wouldn't want to use them as an alternative to a proper rucksack.

The handle is fine, I personally don't love the T handle but it does the job and you get a lot of features for the money.

Having used it on several trips now there are no signs of wear so I think they are great value.
on 8 January 2014
Bought these last year for main summer holidays using Ryanair, and they have now been used for a few different holidays and breaks. Well made product, multi-purpose bag. We eventually bought 2 more, 1 a different design, the other a different colour, but all Cabin Max, and the Ryanair check-in people always waved us through because they know they are the right size. Occasionally, we had to weigh them though, but we had bought a hand-held digital scale, again from Cabin Max, so we were ok. All functions work well, and we expect them to last us a good few years. So for the price, it's a very good deal and the different ways you can use them make them ideal multi-purpose travel bags. We are very pleased with them.
on 1 December 2015
This is our second Cabin Max carry on and every bit as good as our first which is still going strong after nearly 5 years and 15 overseas trips. The only reason we bought a new one is the original was starting to look a bit tatty, but all the zips, etc., still work, a testament to the build quality. You never get asked to put a Cabin Max bag in the carry on sizer, even on the little Saab 340 aircraft we travel on regularly. Great purchase and strongly recommended - there's loads of room inside and plenty little pouches and pockets for documents, iPads, etc. It's also great for taking into town on shopping trips :)
on 22 September 2015
I love this backpack! I bought the purple one and used it to travel around America for 3 months; it was everything I needed. It was accepted as hand luggage on all major airlines without any problems, it's big and holds a decent amount of stuff without being bulky, it's got separate compartments, and it's so easy to change from backpack mode to wheeled luggage mode. I'm so glad I bought this and I would recommend it to anyone.