on 28 December 2013
Not bad. No where near as versatile or as good picture quality as a DSLR though. I sold a T2i to buy one of these, then after 3 months, sold it and got a 7D. I mean, if you just want a good point and shoot video camera then yeah...but for serious film work/films etc....or any professional job, you are gonna want a DSLR etc. I will get another one of these one day just as a B-roll camera I reckon, but I will probably go for the XA10 instead. Like I said, it's a video camera ain't it. It's not in any way a professional piece of equipment. I don't care what anyone says or how they wanna try and "Jazz" it up to you. It's just a good quality camcorder. that's it.
on 20 February 2014
I had this camcorder for quite some time and it just produces fantastic images. it's not the smallest, but the display works so well, and it simply does a good job. images are crisp and always in focus, even in low lighting. I considered upgrading to the G25 but this still works so well there's no reason. a true classic in the making

the only thing not to like is the lack of progressive 50p recording, something you can only find in latter models
on 5 May 2013
Excellent camera in every way.i bought it specifically to record my two year old grandson,were ever I have filmed him indoors and out the quality of picture is incredible in hd,everyone who has watched the playback have commented on how good the picture is including those who would normally not notice such things.
The hardest test for the camera was at the sea life centre ,an indoor aquarium that can be very dark and very bright as you walk through looking at the different fish tanks,I did have to play with the gain a little sometimes to keep all subjects bright enough,great to have all these options to choose.
At one point with a polarized filter on I could actually see the fish clearer on the screen than I could with the naked eye
Going to a wedding later this month can't wait to see how it preformes

Pros:

semi professional picture quality

Every gadget you could wish to play with

Easy to use, even when handed to a novice

Cons:

canon accessories stupidly expensive ( though there are plenty of non canon replacements out there)
on 3 October 2013
I did a lot of research before buying this and, if you want a good value, semi-professional video camera, this is the clear favourite. The picture is fantastic and it has a raft of amazing features I cannot hope to understand. It also has the auto-mode where it does all the thinking for you and produces DVD quality film no matter where you are.
on 20 April 2013
What a little beauty!
I was the proud owner of the Canon XM2 before this, a lovely machine that finally let me down due to age.
I'm now the owner of Canon Legria G10, lovely little beast it is. The first test for it was shooting in low light and it performs so much better than my XM2 did, showing very little noise. I was longing for this machine two years ago, it was priced twice as much then as it is now.
on 28 November 2012
This video camera is outstanding! I am a novice at this and found it really hard to make a decision but boy am I glad I bought this camera. The picture is outstanding and the controls are simple. If you want to see an example then google my name or look on you tube or go to www "making money from china" and see the quality! Outstanding and thouroughly recommended!
on 30 June 2013
I have been a long time lover of Canon cameras and lenses and this little beauty has joined my stable.
on 11 September 2013
The quality of the video is unreal. I am no pro, but my videos looks they have been taken by a pro.
This camera takes great quality film in low light and I am very impressed.
on 22 September 2014
100% like its suppose too
on 27 December 2011
I did lots of research before buying this - it was this or the Sony CX700. I chose this because of the build, full manual control and the native HD chip which in theory improves low light performance. It delivered all of those and much more. There are great touches like focus peaking, manual audio presets (alas no full audio control), waveforms for exposure and the wonderful sturdy focus ring at the front. Its a great camera to use and the picture is excellent - it has a filmic quality and is happy to be colour graded without adding artefacts. The low light is truly excellent at this price point and is very clean. You'll need a high capacity battery and an adaptor if you want to use your own mic in the hotshot. The Canon HD codec shows as 50i (PAL) which is easier to edit so you'll have to drop it in a 25p timeline for 25p in a NLE.