on 6 February 2014
I used this book to help prepare myself for an interview / exam.
Must be a decent enough guide as I passed the exam and got the job.

Its the usual from a dummies guide, gives too much information about somethings which don't really matter and doesn't go in deep enough to other things that do but on the whole it is a good guide.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2013
I thought this was an excellent book for anyone who wants an introduction to electronics and who wants to get designing and constructing a.s.a.p.I was surprised how little the basics had changed since I first learned electronics 40 years ago.
It enables people who want a refresher course or a reference book to dip in and out as required and is written in down to earth language with pointers to more advanced texts.
On the down side some of the diagrams were too small even when expanded so I think I would buy the paper version if I was to choose again despite the advantages of price and portability
on 29 December 2013
I have lots of books on electronics but this one is my favourite especially to get to grips with the basics.
on 24 June 2014
The book explains a lot of the more simplistic aspects to EE very well indeed.
I would highly recommend this book to all people wanting to understand. Voltage, current and resistance and how they can be manipulated
on 15 March 2013
Well laid out. Lots of helpful explanations. Leads you through the toughest topics with clarity and fun. I look forward to building the test circuits when I have my starter kit together.
on 18 April 2013
If your a beginner its a perfect introduction that covers all the basics
As always it has that humour interspersed throughout and learning becomes a pleasure
on 19 December 2012
Explains the basics of the subject in simple plain language whilst keeping maths to a minimum, fine for beginners prior to moving on to more in-depth study.
on 19 January 2014
I've only read a few pages and i already i'm loving it, my fav book at the moment, the wealth of knowledge is immerse you gotta love the author i'll be back to leave a proper review when i'm done. its great so far.
on 8 May 2014
The author whilst covering the basics doesn't go into too much detail which although initially is good it does mean readers will have to delve into other publications to find things out.
on 29 October 2013
Great book very helpful reference I enjoy electronics but wouldn't say I was very knowledgeable - this book is helping me look less daft in conversations.