Customer reviews

4,251

on 17 November 2016
first time purchased ink jet from Amazon site,, however the three colours worked fine,
but the black cartridge seemed to be "A Dud"
will not be purchasing this item again from this company.
subsequently had to purchase from a local supermarket - for the same price actually.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 June 2014
Perhaps they print 550 pages with one word on each page?
The last one of these lasted us just 2 months, and we definitely didn't use 550 pages or anything like - there wasn't that much paper in the box to start with and there's plenty left. And no, I haven't been printing lots of heavy graphics. These cartridges are so expensive, but seem to 'run out' randomly. Either they're badly made to maximise their profits or deliberately designed to fail so we have to spend huge amounts of money to buy more...
on 31 January 2016
Good product - but expensive, relatively. Now my printer is outside warranty, I have been trying alternative, cheaper types of cartridge which give acceptable prints. Printer pauses 50 - 75% of print jobs to advise my that a non- HP cartridge has been detected and then waits until I have confirmed that I know this. I consider this an irritating abuse of HPs position which, if anything, reinforces my intention to use third party cartridges
on 29 August 2015
The illustration is confusing. It shows the normal 364 but this is the photo which is different. I tried to send it back but they wanted to charge more than the product was worth so I have kept it. I shall be more careful in future.
on 14 July 2017
As a frequent amazon prime customer I normally recommend and leave positive feedback. However since buying these cartridges and using my printer has now stopped working. I have never had problems before and use my printer a lot but due to these poor cartridges I'm left out of pocket and down a printer. I've tried every trouble shoot and even bought more ink from a store, I some how don't think this is a coincidence. Be careful before buying online from sellers.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2014
I received this ink cartridge yesterday and put it in my printer. I didn't think any more about it. When I went to print something today a message came up saying that the ink cartridge was used, refilled or counterfeit! Naturally I was very disappointed (and annoyed as my printer won't work without all four cartridges in place). I went and bought a replacement cartridge from Argos and it loaded as an original HP cartridge without issue. I contacted Amazon who issued a full refund and I returned the cartridge to them. It may just be a faulty cartridge, but I think I will stick to buying products from retailers I have dealt with in the past in future.
on 14 April 2014
No problems and recognised by the printer as a genuine product.
I have to say I have in the past used cheaper 'similar' or 'compatible' printer cartridges for printers and it's truly a false economy.
I have seen 2 printers go to the skip because of inferior print cartridges. For some reason these compatible cartridges last a few prints and then the trouble starts with 'lines' and smears and all sorts of other issues. Eventually you trya dn replace them with genuine parts but the damage has been done and you never get the printer working properly again. Buy a genuine part and relax. It's just not worth the grief to save a couple of quid.
VINE VOICEon 30 January 2013
Many HP printers for example the photosmart 7510 use two black cartridges, one is for 'normal' printing on paper the other for photographic printing. The cartridges are marked with two triangles/abox tie for the photographic cartridge and with a heptagon for the paper printing cartridge. However this is not shown on the box and its hard to know which one to buy. This product is the one with the heptagon shape. The photographic black is sold on its own in a redish box, however the multipack of black, cyan, yellow and pink is photo inks and not plain paper printer ink, as its currently packaged in a greenbox simil!ar to this one its easy to order the wrong thing. The ink cartridges work well, but I've not got any thing like 550 pages. Printing in draft only I'd estimate 250 at the most and I'm wondering how many characters per page the 550 estimate is based on!. My HPcartrige think it was 50 some thing did much better than these. So the 3 stars are for this misleading packaging and poor life!
on 19 July 2017
I would have enjoyed these ink cartridges more, had my dog not beat me to them and consumed the black cartridge before I could get to them. My only criticism of the all-singing-and dancing HP printers is that, once a cartridge has been dented by the aforementioned dog's teeth, I get "Non-genuine HP cartridge" messages flag up every time I print. Seriously, do they not take domestic life into account when designing these things?!
on 13 October 2013
This review will only be of interest to someone researching whether to buy a printer that requires these cartridges because once you've bought your printer, you're stuck with the cartridges!
Easy to buy, easy to change but I'm on my third cartridge and I'd say I'm lucky to be getting 250 pages of text on fast draught print quality.
Also, just in case this differs from advice you've been given, the cartridges do dry out if you don't use them. I've hardly used colour printing and now those cartridges barely function ....... don't believe those "experts" at ** World!

Update: Sad I know but I hate being ripped off - kept a record and only got 202 pages in "fast draught" print quality out of this ........ I really should get out more!