on 24 January 2017
These are tiny and fit really well. Pretty good looking little things too.

Sound wise these are really strange. At first I thought they were very congested and bass was too boomy and fake sounding. BUT... BUT... the more you listen to them the better they sound. The soundstage oens up to be quite wide and deep, and everything gets stretched out better. Bass is fun and sounds tighter, and mids become clearer. They def have a fun sound, quite V shaped. Highs are there but don't take centre stage and fall in line with an easy going sound signature.

Now to the weird bit... If you stop listening to them for a while or start using a different set in between... they go straight back to sounding muddy and congested before opening up again.

I'm a headphone and IEM enthusiast, have over 70 sets from £10-250. For the first time ever these made me feel 100% 'burn-in' was real. Only for them to make me feel it def isn't after taking a short while off from listening to them lol.
on 29 November 2013
Before researching in-ear monitors for my brother, I had no idea this brand even existed. According to the reviews the model sounded like a steal for around £25, so we went for it.

I barely got to try them when he bought his pair, but he's been so satisfied over the couple months he's had them that I decided to buy myself a pair, too.

£25 won't buy you a better pair. I've had Sennheisers before and I'm still an avid fan of AKG headphones, but these are in-ears are simply mind blowing. I personally listen to electronic genres, so I can't comment on Rock or pop. Psychill, Ambient, Prog-Psy, Dubstep, electro, hardstyle all sound terrific. I assume non-electronic heavy genres also sound terrific. Everything I tried so far does.

They come in a neat little hard case with so many different types of buds (I counted 15 pairs) that I'm not even sure what half of them are for. Tried three different looking ones, picked the most comfortable and went with it.

----

Packaging - 5 -- Neatly packed, the little hard case is very handy, I don't like the plastic tray that holds everything inside the cardboard box but this isn't something Brainwavz do and others don't. Easy to open.
Sound - 5 -- If you can pinpoint what's wrong with these speakers, you aren't spending £25 on a pair, you're spending an order of magnitude more.
Value - 5 -- Cheaper than a lunch for one at Jamie's (yes, that one). Can't go wrong.
Shipping - 5 -- Ordered Thursday morning, got them 11am the next morning.

Would recommend to my Mom or buy again.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 April 2013
I bought these to replace some other earphones which packed up after a few months. The sound quality is excellent for the money - I'm hearing stuff I was missing with my phone-supplied cables and the RHAs I previously had. The cable seems strong and has a right angle entry which I prefer. Handy box too. The phones are marked for left and right and come with a mind-boggling array of tips - quite the most I've ever had with a set. There is a little interference from the cable i.e. if you wiggle the cables you get some transmitted sound so I would not recommend for active use. The style of most of the tips is such that you don't get much wax trapping which has been a problem for me with some other kinds - and they are easy to clean. They are warranted by the manufacturer for a year.
on 9 February 2017
I bought second pair and i has broke the same as previous one, just after 1-2 weeks of usage one speaker part has disattached from one of the headphones because of build which is designed to destroy fast so you would buy new ones.
on 7 August 2017
Have lasted less than one year, suddenly right headphone didn't work. Found out that the inside coil that produces the sound had the wire cut, so this is really not easy to fix. I think this is a very bad design on the headphone inside parts (if the outter part of the headphone moves it can lead to the cable being broken)
on 5 July 2015
They sound good, they last and they er not expensive. Far less expensive than I would expect from something doing it's job as well as these. No bloated bass is my main positive. Everything , whilst it does not sound all too 'polished, sits in it's rightful place.
on 30 December 2015
Excellent IEMs. I have owned many sets of Sennheiser CX300s and these are as good if not better,soundwise. Base is nice and balanced.
Cable is much sturdier and does not tangle which is a bonus as I listen to music in bed.
They come with a nive carry case and they have the look and feel of a quality product.
Great value for the price.
on 3 March 2017
Thanks 100%
on 24 July 2015
First, the good- they're great earphones. Excellent sound quality. Can't fault them. Great price too.

The bad- exceptionally terrible build quality. The left earphone has already lost sound in my pair after just over a month. Over a month which means I can't return them. Thankfully they're covered under warranty.
on 18 October 2014
Good sound quality but the left one fell apart , so I had to use a superglue few times! be aware of that fact!