Parker S0949150 Urban Premium Fountain Pen  with Gift Box, Matte Black
Size: Medium Nib|Style: Gift Boxed|Colour: Matte Black|Change
Price:£41.99+ Free shipping

on 12 October 2013
I have been looking for a fountain pen for a while and I knew Parker were a reliable and quality brand as I had used their fountain pens throughout my school/uni years. I haven't used a fountain pen for a couple of years and had spotted this new design in a couple of well known stationary stores but priced at £30, I had ummed and aaahed and then found it on amazon a lot cheaper so ordered it straight away.

The colour is a sort of magenta, with a slight change depending on what light you are in, girly but sophisticated. The pen istelf is quite weighty (sign of quality) and ergonomic, I find it very comfortable to use and I am determined to keep handwriting letters etc just to keep my handwriting in check. I have been carrying it around in my handbag for about a week and this hasn't resulted in any leaks or problems with writing.

The nib is a medium nib, something I have always used so I was happy with this but I understand that parker do a nib exchange should you wish to switch to a different size

The one thing I did find difficult was getting the initial ink flow going but the solution I found that worked was to touch the nib with a wet tissue (ok-I admit I used my tongue not a wet tissue but it would have the same effect).

Overall fabulous pen and so happy to be making an effort to hand write things (apart from this review sadly) in this computer based world we now live in.
on 6 February 2017
After debating whether to buy this or not (as it's expensive compared to many pther makes), I went with it and treated myself to this gorgeous Parker IM Premium fountain pen, as I have just recently gotten back into writing with them after many years of using ballpoint pens. I did have a little trouble getting the cartridge to actually puncture, resorted to carefully rotating the 1 free blue ink cartdridge (in the box with the pen) whilst gently pressing downwards, and once I'd succeeded the ink flowed beautifully, I chose a fine nib which is perfect for me as i have quite small handwriting and find a medium nib too thick. It writes beautifully, feels well balanced and light, and the subtle curvy shape means it sits within the hand perfectly. So glad I managed to talk myself into buying me this!!
on 29 May 2016
Used Parker Pens for years, solid, reliable and easy to use for any writing task whether it's a short note or a ten page letter. My previous Parker was getting a bit long in the tooth and needed retiring and after seeing this in my local WH Smiths for £40.00 thought I'd better look around a bit. Found it on Amazon at a much better price so ordered straight away.
The usual great delivery meant I had it two days later.
This is a great pen, smooth to write on even the coarsest of paper, feels solid in my hand but not too heavy to use for extended periods and looks and feels so elegant a real pleasure to use.
I went with a fine nib as my previous fountain pen was a medium which made writing in a pocket notebook a little messy, I have whats optimistically called 'Doctors Handwriting' and this has done the trick. Very Happy.........
on 17 May 2017
Bought this for my granddaughter as a present for passing to grammar school. She was delighted with it and certainly seemed a good buy. Picked due to it being Parker as they have a good reputation. Unfortunately four days ago my daughter advised me the pen could not be used because the top/lid kept coming off, spreading ink everywhere into my grandaughter's school bag. I have contacted the seller but seems they can't find the order so would suggest anyone think twice about ordering Parker pens from this seller.
on 5 June 2017
Treated myself to this pen because I love a 'proper' pen and haven't had one since school days. This is a nice pen both visually and to use. I'm very happy with it. Just a shame that envelopes on birthday cards these days seem unsuitable for liquid ink, sign of the times I suppose. The pen is a good weight and sits well in my hand, the nib is good, the colour is good.
on 3 May 2017
I've written with Parker pens since secondary school. The last addition to my collection was the "Parker Urban Fashion Pink Chrome Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen." The black area of this pen has a matt finish, as opposed to the glossy feel of some other Parker pens. It has a professional look and feel to it...and as with all other Parker pens it is a pleasure to write with.
on 20 January 2015
I bought this about 3 months ago and I'm loving it. I looked at many more expensive pens but liked the price, shape and colour of this one, and was swayed by the reviews. It looks great - lovely smooth quality finish. It write clearly and evenly with the ink flowing smoothly. With the lid off it is a nice weight. With the lid on as youa re writing I think the pen is a little unbalanced - top heavy, so if keeping the lid on when writing is important to you, you may want to keep looking. Otherwise a great buy. My pen is the cartridge version: I haven't tried it with ink..
on 4 June 2017
I've been using it most days for 6 months now and bar a couple of scratches, it is just as shiny and unspoilt as the day I bought it. The pinky-red colour gives it a stylish edge without looking tacky or cheap. A pen is usually just a pen to me, but I enjoy people seeing me use it as it is so lovely looking. Well worth the money.
on 21 June 2016
The first thing to note with this pen is that after only a few days the black lacker is chipping away which is making it look cheap and nasty. The pen isnt very weighty which in my opinion is actually a bad thing it feels very cheap and at £23 i expected much better. Also you get a blue ink refill with it , why not black ? Or a choice of colour. Overall i dont think this is worth £23 but maybe worth about £15 .
on 28 October 2014
Not a bad pen but I'm looking at performance mostly, and it doesn't have the flawless ink delivery on all strokes of a Sheaffer Prelude. This is a smoother writer than the IM, but it does suffer from 'skiptosis' several times a paragraph and it gets rather annoying after a while of going back to re-write the half printed letters. If you're considering this I'd at-least take a look at a Prelude or even a Lamy if looks don't bother you so much. You might be pleasantly surprised.