on 6 March 2017
Well, it really was a bit of a punt at that price and typically I had issues when I bought it. I did find a site where there were instructions on how to resolder it to get it to work better but I've still found that extra MIDI data such as the modulation and data wheel give garbled information. Having said that it is functional to some degree (which my older one wasn't due to no Windows 7 drivers) so at least I can play notes on my controller keyboard now.
on 28 February 2011
Did read other reviews and people having issues with Windows 7 and being this product was so cheap I thought I would give it go.

Plug it in and Windows 7 64 bit found it and installed a driver, I can now see it as a USB Midi Cable (as expected) in Device manager.

Fired up Reason v4 selected the midi port and away I went without any issues, note I also run ASIO4ALL so there is no latency.

Also tried Synthesia however this does not support ASIO4ALL and hence there is latency when playing.

Mainly want to use it with Reason so I'm happy with the result...
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2013
I have a really old Casio keyboard (10+ Years old) and i wanted to have a midi one... I didn't realise that the one i have actually has MIDI, it was the old Non-USB version so i searched and found this!
I use a 27 inch iMac and 15 inch MacBook Pro and this worked perfectly and still does!
It required me to restart the computer after the first plug in to work. Then it identified it automatically after that.
This is a perfect cable and at such a good price!
It's not too good to be true! It does it and doesn't cost a bomb.
Now on to making some sweet music!
on 26 August 2017
Terrible, did not work after a few days so I had to buy a more expensive Midi cable.
on 22 July 2017
superb
on 21 February 2015
Works perfectly.
on 15 March 2017
Great
on 28 July 2011
The product works fine and is worth the money, but i had a problem with it to begin with.

Being new to using midi in and out i expected the "out" midi cable to go into the "out" midi slot... this confused me for near half an hour as my computer refused to pick up the cable.

This was either a big mistake on my part for thinking the "out" port matched up to the "out" cable, or the midi connectors are labelled up wrongly.

Just a heads up for anyone messing with audio midi setups and so on. The device in general once working though does what is expected.
on 16 May 2012
Must admit I thought twice about buying this having seen the mixed reviews, but given the price there wasnt much at stake.

I'm happy to say that it works a treat with both my PC (Win XP and Soundblaster sound card) and laptop (Win 7 and standard low quality soundcard).

This may help some of you who have had problems. My laptop only detects an incoming midi signal from my keyboard if the keyboard is turned on after the audio app is up and running.

I installed freeware ASIO4All drivers to my laptop which keeps latency very low.

Remember to connect the cable marked "Out" to the "In" socket on your keyboard and vice versa.

Also check you have selected the USB Midi device in your software.

Hope this helps.
on 21 October 2011
I'm on Win 7, (doesn't say that in description - but it is compatable with Windows 7 !!)with an old Yamaha 740. Works great, plugged in, driver loaded automatically, flashing lights to tell you you're connected. You have to reboot after connection before it can "talk" to your sequencer. Excellent delivery, arrived two days after ordering on Standard Delivery !! On promotion so Silly low price. Best bargain ever for me.