on 28 February 2011
Did read other reviews and people having issues with Windows 7 and being this product was so cheap I thought I would give it go.

Plug it in and Windows 7 64 bit found it and installed a driver, I can now see it as a USB Midi Cable (as expected) in Device manager.

Fired up Reason v4 selected the midi port and away I went without any issues, note I also run ASIO4ALL so there is no latency.

Also tried Synthesia however this does not support ASIO4ALL and hence there is latency when playing.

Mainly want to use it with Reason so I'm happy with the result...
on 16 May 2012
Must admit I thought twice about buying this having seen the mixed reviews, but given the price there wasnt much at stake.

I'm happy to say that it works a treat with both my PC (Win XP and Soundblaster sound card) and laptop (Win 7 and standard low quality soundcard).

This may help some of you who have had problems. My laptop only detects an incoming midi signal from my keyboard if the keyboard is turned on after the audio app is up and running.

I installed freeware ASIO4All drivers to my laptop which keeps latency very low.

Remember to connect the cable marked "Out" to the "In" socket on your keyboard and vice versa.

Also check you have selected the USB Midi device in your software.

Hope this helps.
on 28 July 2011
The product works fine and is worth the money, but i had a problem with it to begin with.

Being new to using midi in and out i expected the "out" midi cable to go into the "out" midi slot... this confused me for near half an hour as my computer refused to pick up the cable.

This was either a big mistake on my part for thinking the "out" port matched up to the "out" cable, or the midi connectors are labelled up wrongly.

Just a heads up for anyone messing with audio midi setups and so on. The device in general once working though does what is expected.
on 3 November 2011
I bough this to use it to program my MIDI foot controller. I can already do this using my laptop via an M-Audio FastTrackPro. Using an identical setup - same laptop, same software, same foot controller, and simply replacing the FastTrackPro and cables with this device, immediately highlights the problems - the foot controller's programming is messed up (though in a predictable & reproducible way) and the programming software is receiving corrupt data back. Basically, this device doesn't handle SysEx messages correctly.

Many USB-to-MIDI applications won't need SysEx, so it may still be perfectly usable in other situations, but it doesn't support all MIDI capabilities correctly.
on 10 April 2011
Exactly what it claimed to be and it worked straight out of the package. And a good price. What more could a chap ask for?
on 28 March 2011
Worked beautifully and simply when connecting my Yamaha P95 keyboard to my laptop. Make sure you don't open the application you want it for (eg cubase, or the like) straight off, as it was only after restearting mine worked. Now it works every time no problems. Really cheap, does the job!
on 6 March 2012
Bought this to revive my old Roland / Yamaha synthesizers from the late 80's and while the cable installed alright (Windows 7 Pro) there are issues with these cheaper cables. General note on/off data appears to be flawless - and so I can input data to the PC (Cakewalk Sonar, Abelton Live sequencers etc.) and all appears as expected with minimal timimng issues. However - The interface will not work at all when sending / receiving SysEx commands to / from the PC. In other words I can't run any sound editing / librarian software and transfer data to / from the PC to my keyboards with this interface. (which is what I really bought it for).
So - I had to revert back to the old Creative Labs Audigy which has the dedicated MIDI ports for doing the SysEx jobs.
I hear the more expensive interfaces work alright but for a few pounds it was worth a try and they partially do the job.
on 8 January 2015
Took a chance that the product would fit a vintage Casio MT-640 and it does (standard large din plugs for midi). I have an old cable that used to go into the game port which cost something like £30, but the game port doesn't work in Win7 64 bit. Initially Win7 seemed to install the right drivers (comes up as USB-Midi-2.0 in games controllers) then it had a hissy fit and installed something via windows update that said it was some sort of com port with a number and it didn't work. The solution was to uninstall the driver and install the generic driver on http://www.blindskunk.com/windows7_viewcon_usb_midi_drivers.html - the top link doesn't work but the generic link does. BTW you can tell if the cable/drivers are working because the light on the cable flashes when you play the keyboard. All seems fine now.
on 6 June 2011
Maybe I was lucky but this worked straightaway for me - Yamaha PSR-410 keyboard, Ubuntu Linux 64 bit, Acer PC. At this price, it's excellent value. Given that even with Yamaha's own cable some people seem to have had problems, I'm very pleased.
on 28 August 2013
the computer recognizes the interface and proper USB drivers get installed. however the MIDI keyboard does not communicate with the device. only the USB light is lit - the incoming and outgoing LEDs stay off and basically the device is useless. I would return it, only 60% of the price was shipping so that is out of the question. I recommend people stay away from this product, as clearly, it may work or it may not (according to many reviews)