Customer reviews

Colour: White|Size: UK 6 EU39.5 US7|Change

on 22 January 2014
As I have discovered, ice skates are NOT sharpened before being dispatched. After a LOT of time spent finding this out and getting the situation resolved, if I were to being doing the process over again, I would buy direct from Skate Hut's web site, where they will provide a sharpening service for £5 for new skates PRIOR to dispatch. (My local rink does not have a sharpening service, which is why this was such a hassle for me.) Hope this information is of use.
11 Comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2013
My daughter and I went to the ice rink today and she had her SFR Galaxy ones whilst I hired whatever the rink had available. Well, no comparison whatsoever! Mine were dull and I could hardly stay on the ice without falling, but hers were perfectly sharp. Needless to say, she was very happy!
on 23 September 2017
Very annoyed that these were advertised as sharpened. Bought for my daughter who's first try was a 'trial' as the blades were blunt.
Paid for them to be sharpened (reluctantly) but they do fit well and now perform as expected, no complaints from my daughter since they were sharpened.
Overall very good for the price would recommend for anyone just starting to skate - more stars but arrived blunt hence 2 star reduction due to incorrect description.
on 20 July 2014
I'm a beginner who is unlikely to make spectacular progress, due to the wear and tear of middle age. Whilst not wanting to spend a great deal of money, I didn't want to give myself the handicap of dealing with a series of hired skates, with their patchy quality.

I've found that these skates fit that particular bill. They feel comfortable and seem well made (although it's early days). Using the same pair all the time gives me that extra bit of confidence on the ice, and the price seems very reasonable.
on 31 August 2017
Great skates for a beginner. Enough support in the ankle and the padding hasn't wore down. I'd recommend buying a soft or memory foam insole as the insole inside is very thin. I bought the size 4, being a size 4, and they fit perfectly. They are not sharpened (new skates usually aren't so this isn't a problem) so get them sharped before going on the ice if you buy these
on 7 March 2017
Good skates for Low level figure skating or as a first pair of skates but after two months of wear the boots became soft causing my ancles to cave in etc
on 14 January 2013
my dad got these skates for me and i love them, there very comfortable and a great fit.There are very well made skates and fun to skate in.
on 19 July 2017
What can i say , im so pleased with these skates they fot perfectly they feel professional and they have freed me from those foot prisons people call rental skates

The blade isnt very sharp but at the end of the day male figure skates cost a hell of a lot more than what i paid so an extra £5 doesnt bother me
They feel amazing and i love them
on 5 April 2017
the blades are not sharp at all!
on 5 April 2017
Fantastic, my daughter loves them.