Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 5 April 2013
This book started quite well but to be honest I lost interest toward the end. There were one or two good bits which made me think about my own self motivation but there was quite a lot about the authors own life and business experiences. I'm not saying that sharing experiences is wrong as it is often helpful but I got the feeling he was interested in telling the reader about his achievments more than going along with the title of the book. It was OK but it won't change your life.
on 18 February 2013
Its just ok. Brad gets lost in the book, full of his own self importance. If you think its a motivation book as i did you will be dissappointed. However few bits to make you smile.
on 10 January 2011
This book is a must for people who are thinking of venturing into the world of self employment and for those already in it. Its easy to read and in true Brad style "tells it as it is" no smoke and mirrors with this guy just straight talking no nonsense. Brad says what most of us think and feel (but don't say out loud). He's given me the confidence to go with my gut instinct on raising our business profile and to step outside that cosy little comfort zone. Having met him and seen him speak a few times reading GOYA is like having a 121 with the man himself. I could almost hear his voice in my head, scary but shows the man is good at what he does - Marketing Guru !!
on 11 January 2011
I have to say I'm impressed with what Brad has achieved but not this book. Been a northern lad myself I like his grounded attitude and humour which kept me entertained. I found the book a chore to read, I read it to the end I lost interest around chapter 7.

Been honest I wish I'd not wasted £12 on this I took little from it.
In my opinion Bard is far better on his feet and I thought the you tube material online was much better.
on 16 July 2011
This book starts off in quite a refreshing way, and Brad Burton's honesty is really inspiring - he has nothing to hide - for example he is upfront about his financial difficulties, and there is no wallowing in self pity. For those reasons I gave it 2 stars.

However, it just seemed to fall apart after the first couple of chapters and I found myself struggling to finish it (I steeled myself and did it). The biggest downside is that it becomes a collection of incoherent ramblings that you can't follow. I had the impression a drunk bloke had cornered me in a pub, desperate to tell me his life story which got very tiresome after a while.

So many businesspeople get ghost writers to pen their books, and Brad Burton definitely has not - but he could really have benefitted from a professional organising his ideas and cutting out the irrelevant stuff.

There are also a couple of sexist bits that really jarred. This was the biggest shame for me, as I am actually a member of his organisation 4Networking, which I think is an innovative breath of fresh air in the stuffed shirts that make up most networking organisations (BNI etc) I know Brad sells himself as breaking the mould and a bit of a rebel but he doesn't need to slide into being offensive to prove that.

All in all, really disappointing after a promising start.
on 10 March 2011
I will keep this brief. Which was about the only saving grace of this book.

I would not usually leave a review of a book but I felt so strongly that there are far better books to spend your time reading. I don't want to be too mean but GOYA is I'll thought out and not much more than a self proclaimed maveric boosting his ego in a goofy printed format.

Why there are so many 5star reviews is very dubious too....
on 3 February 2013
Worth about 50p of the 99p I paid for it. Swamped with truisms and little insight. Brad is certainly full of himself. I needed a little more care and diligence to start my business. Money for old rope.
on 23 March 2011
I really don't understand what these 5 star ratings are about. There was nothing motivational in the book and worse still was a thoroughly dull read. This is a book about one rather annoying man telling the story of what he's been up to for the last couple of years. Apparently he's met a few people. Shame none of them were people that could advise on how to write a book.
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2016
In his own inimitable way, Brad shares his personal story of down and not quite out – but close to becoming one of the UK’s leading motivational speakers and the Founder of 4 Networking, one of the UK’s biggest networking businesses. It’s a great motivational read. Do what Brad suggests …. And you’ll achieve the success you want too.
on 5 January 2011
I heard a lot of hype surrounding this business publication, unfortunately the hype did not materialise into fact. I found the book uninspiring and dull.