Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 16 November 2005
I heard the track 'Dream' on internet radio and was simply blown away. It owned. Being a fan of such bands as Blue Oyster Cult, Deftones, Garbage and Nightwish, I found the sound was a perfect fit. I tracked down the other songs, and most were equally impressive. It's not often you get an album worth listening from beginning to end, but this is one such work.
Musically this is definitely rock, and although there are 80s electronica influences, it is dark enough to remain firmly cool. The beautiful female vocals are one of my favourite elements, setting The Birthday Massacre apart from most commercial rock, and giving it a really elegant feel.
Get the album.
on 5 September 2006
I will say now that, if you're into this sort of music, that this is a BRILLIANT album. Imagine the Human League being redone by Marilyn Manson and you'd almost be close to envisioning the roaring Techno-Metal-Pop that is the Birthday Massacre.

Sweet and heavy all at the same time, Chibi's vocals give the quitars a soft edge, without them losing their funkyness... and we all love funkyness =D

This album can be haunting, thrashy and sweet all at the same time, which is a rare thing to find... I'd reccomend this to anyone who loves to discover new and exciting bands before most other people ;)
on 8 January 2008
I buy very few albums, last time I bought one was 1995. This album and band are a breath of fresh air...blowing at you at 2000 miles an hour!

I discovered this band on "Pandora", played every track I could find on there, and loved it so much I just had to buy it, listened to it 5 times in row when I got it.

Shame Pandora is to be closed to everyone outside the USA (approx 5.5 Billion of us) They might have sold a few more copies of the album. And they say record sales are down due to piracy? I don't think so.

Buy the album...you won't regret it!

p.s. can I give it 6 of 5 stars?
on 17 December 2014
I discovered the Birthday Massacre by accident whilst surfing on You Tube. What a discovery! They are quite unlike anything I have listened to and are very difficult to pigeonhole. There are elements of rock/metal and electronica in here, although their sound is quite unique. Have a listen and see what you think.. I can recommend TBM. My favourite tracks - I think Blue and Nevermind are probably stand out tracks but I can honestly say there is not one song on here I do not like. I will definitely be buying more Birthday Massacre - Pins and Needles next I think.
on 2 February 2013
The Birthady Massacre have a unique sound of dark 80's electronica mixed with heavy guitars and soft vocals by chibi.This is the first Birthday Massacre album i bought and to me the best one so far. The follow up album "Walking With Strangers" is pretty good album , but a close second. Violet is a solid album full of standout tracks such as" Blue", "Lovers end", "The Dream" and "Video Kid".
on 6 September 2014
The first time i heard this album it blew me away, and I've been hooked ever since.

Delightfully unique and different, they have got completely under my skin.

You will not be disappointed with this album, or any of their later releases, every one is different, yet, superb!

I can't recommend this amazing band/album enough :D
on 19 July 2013
Big fan of the birthday massacre, the album arrived in perfect condition and quickly, happy to own a physical copy and support the band.
on 17 June 2015
This is truly a classic. A live performance of "Horror Show" was actually what caught my attention for this band.
on 30 August 2009
I have all of TBM albums and they really are a good listen and compliment my Hard Rock & Metal collection by adding a twist of electronic layers.
on 28 January 2016
Blue is worth the purchase alone! It's a great debut.